Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker Rear Grip stock Login/Join 

Picture of GeauxRebels
posted
Hello, I am looking for a little sourcing advice. Years ago I built a rear grip striker in 6.5x.284 with a benchmark barrel. It is one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned. After a long absence, I am looking to build another rear grip striker. I have the striker ready to go, but need help locating a stock. On my last build I used a Neal Cooper (.358 Hammer) solid core laminate rear grip stock. Does anyone know where I can find another one of these? I understand they are no longer manufactured, but I would love to have one to match my other build. If they are not available and one cannot be located, what are my other options for a rear grip striker stock or chassis? I would love to have your input and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

GeauxRebels!

Posts: 3 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: March 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Welcome neighbor ! (I work in Baton Rouge - live in Gonzales)

Posts: 1364 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have seen guys use the Choate rifle stock and cut off what they didn’t want. Pretty fair looking rigs.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3031 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum GeauxRebels. Stocks for the Striker are a tough one. I don't own one but I think the spacing for the action screws is a bit different than the other Savage short actions. That's why I went with a PTA, easy to cut up rifle stocks. It's sad that the guys that have the cnc programs are not cutting stocks anymore. That includes Joel Russo, Tony, and a few others. I'm not so sure that xp100 isn't the guy that wrote the program for Russo's stocks.

There are still a lot of nice pics of some of those stocks left on this site if you go to the find option. Try different things like Neal Cooper, 258 Hammer, Savage stocks, ect. A lot of pictures disappeared when photo bucket started charging. Good Luck, the chase is half the fun.

Jon

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
7 fingers?

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
GeauxRebels,
I'm not sure how much work you want to put into the stock. But I ordered a benchrest rifle stock from richardsmicrofitgunstocks.com They have a large variety of laminated colors and styles. I shortened the front and cut it off at the grip. Very little work was needed to get the action and barrel to seat. You just need a dremmel The fit was nice.
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
I have a (Used) Neal Cooper Stock that fits Savage 4.40" bolt spacing. If that fits your action, give me a shout. Mine held a PTA.

Mike B.
323-356-2144
lapopular@aol.com

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Derek that really turned out nice. That's just about enough to make me want to give a rear grip striker a try just for the heck of it.

Jon

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon,
Really wasn't a difficult project. And I like the results. Picture was taken before I added a trigger guard hammer Didn't realize I posted an older picture.
Derek >>>-------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post