Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol stock Login/Join 

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted
Who makes a wood stock for a bolt gun anymore besides Joel Russo??? Started on one myself but found bad wood inside the blank I had so I quit on it..thanks..

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If it is for an XP you might try Royal Gunstocks.
I know he does laminate, and might to standard wood as well.

I have also heard of another but can't seem to find my info on them .... But I think it was something like "Emma Creek".

Hopefully that is close enough to remind someone with better recollection then me.

Good luck in your quest.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are correct Freeze. Cody Church at Emma Creek makes wood stocks. Located in Sedgwick Ks.

Posts: 567 | Location: Wichita,Ks. | Registered: February 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for confirming.

For the record I have no personal experience with either of them ..... but they are stock makers I have heard of in the past.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Cayle, I have two laminates from Royal Arms and I like what I got from him. When I got mine from him solid wood or laminate was the same price. I checked with Joel Russo and his prices at that time were way beyond this old mans budget, maybe it was his way of telling me he was back logged and didn't want to take another order. Some of the others are pricey and you never know exactly when they might get around to actually cutting your stock. Glenn ( TGP) is the one that tipped me off about Royal Arms. Knowing Glenn I didn't hesitate giving them a try. If Norm tells you two weeks you will usually have it in 10 days.

If you click on contacts on the website ask Norm what his current prices are and lead time.

http://www.royalarmsgunstocks.com/

Jon

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys..Sent Cody a message and will check out Royal Arms..Russo has gotten above my budget also

Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I ended up with a Royal arms laminated stock on a XP I bought a few months back. If I recall correctly, Ernie Bishop has Emma Creek wood stock that is really nice.

Posts: 567 | Location: Wichita,Ks. | Registered: February 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Fuzz , Cody and his dad Gary are doing one for me right now . Very nice Pat

Posts: 83 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think XP 100 wrote the CNC program for Russo on at least one of his xp stocks if my memory isn't totally gone. Also in response to the remage post down the way a bit I think he also did several for his customers. Have not seen a post by him for some time. Anyone heard anything from Bruce recently?

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
Taken straight from my email..

Cayle,
I quit making pistol stocks.  I’m in the custom action business now.

Cayle

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I have two rear grip and one center-grip XP stocks from Emma Creek-Very nice stocks

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XP Fuzz:
Taken straight from my email..

Cayle,
I quit making pistol stocks.  I’m in the custom action business now.

Cayle, was that email from Bruce (XP100)?

Jon

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cayle, was that email from Bruce (XP100)?

Nope,from Joel Russo

Cayle