Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apache Machine 6.5 Creedmoor Login/Join 

posted
This is the new 6.5 Creedmoor that Steve finished in the Fall. This gun will shoot! Steve did a lot of extra work on this one for me. After working with the stock to make it fit the XP with bolt release etc, he relieved the block a little more and bedded it as only he can. The result is an absolutely seamless fit to the receiver. I don't know if the pics will shot it but I tried to get a few of receiver/stock fit. Fluted Krieger with perfectly blended brake just like the 284 Win. HS Precision painted the stock in a 3 color desert. Badger base with 4th hole added to topstrap and Leupold 1” MK4 rings. Everything turned out better than I could have asked for. Steve's attention to detail and machining tolerances are absolutely amazing. I have yet to own an Apache creation that actually takes work to "find a load", they shoot everything great! Hope you enjoy the pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zeus,

Posts: 519 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
OMG! I'm in lust with that rig. bowdown
Almost the same stock paint scheme as mine but more green. Fantastic.
Is that the "Tom Craft Contour Barrel" configuration? Now you have done it.
I have the stock, scope, almost the action and all I need is a barrel. I don't have a break on my 284, or 7BR but I think I might go for one on this build.
I was not to keen on the straight bolt handle but after getting an HS Precision and shooting it and seeing a couple of yours, I might have to go that route.
It might be ready by Antelope season this fall. HAH
Do you have a place to stretch out the rigs you have as far as shooting?
I did have a 500 yd range in Northern OK but lost it. Working on another.
I come to Central KS all of the time to turkey and deer hunt and work on building Traditional bows with a friend near Great Bend. We should get some guys together and burn some powder. It would be a hoot to have a bunch of Apache Machine rigs on a table or blanket to take some photos of.
Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3084 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
At the local range I only have 300 everyday but once a week they open up the 500. I shoot at another range near wichita that we have 1000 and near Salina we shoot to 2200-3000 yards. Plates set on that range out to 1400 every hundred yards. So it would be easy to stretch a handgun out on that range Wink

Yep, same Craft contour on this one. I really like the PTG bolts. I think my 376 Steyr has a straight bolt handle that Steve put on a standard bolt, much like my HS pistol. I just opted for new bolts with these and liked the spiral look to them. Gives it a nice finishing touch aesthetically to my eyes.

It would be fun to get together at some point. I think my last count was 12 or 14 Apache creations in the stash. I’ll have to check again as my memory sucks most days. I have quite a few rifles from Steve. They are truly works of art and shoot incredibly well. It makes it fun to break away and shoot when you have time. No stress!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zeus,

Posts: 519 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow that is exactly what I want! Congrats!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I bet if you call steve, he could fix you up

posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup

Scott

Posts: 559 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Every one of Steve's creations is a work of art - and they SHOOT !

Posts: 1366 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
VERY COOL
Nice rig
When you shoot off a bipod like that, does it lift off the ground after each shot?
How hard to readjust for each shot?

DAN

Posts: 751 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They move a little bit but seeing that you have to reload it between shots, I don’t see that movement as much of a hassle personally.

posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful!!!

Posts: 1017 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mark
Your XP is the one that pushed me to have the paint scheme this one has. I loved the pictures of yours so I had to have the same pint. Thank you for the inspiration buddy! Wink

posted Hide Post
Pretty, pretty work! Making me want to table the next long gun project for a "shawty"!

Posts: 606 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is absolutely beautiful. Man, Steve sure does an awesome job.

Mike

------------------------------
Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice XP ! Looks flawless. What finish was used on the metal?

Posts: 964 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet looking rig! Nice quality of work Steve!

Posts: 572 | Location: Wichita,Ks. | Registered: February 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That rig looks perfect!Curious how long it takes to get one done from Steve.I guess it is certainly worth the wait.
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 640 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure on the time for delivery, you'd have to call and ask Steve honestly. A lot of the wait depends on backlog of course but also on the parts that you choose and availability. Steve builds amazing XPs and rifles. I have been lucky to own about 14 or so of Steve's builds and I can tell you that the attention to detail and accuracy of each one can not be rivaled. I have guns from all the major builders in rifles and his are my show pieces when it comes to putting groups on paper and meat in the freezer! I haven't had another builder deliver a gun since I started using Apache Machine builds honestly. You will love what is delivered if you place the order, that I can guarantee!

posted Hide Post
Zeus if you don't mind me asking,I live south of Salina and was wondering where there is a range you can shoot that far?Thanks

Posts: 67 | Location: central ks | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Private land called Spearpoint Ranch.

posted Hide Post
Very nice Setup! Great work as always Steve.

Posts: 10 | Location: WILKESBORO NC | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Very Nice XP!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Awesome looking XP!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful XP and excellent work!!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3520 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't own an XP but yours is sure eye catching!

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That’s an incredible pistol.

Posts: 2 | Location: Orchard Park, NY | Registered: January 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That’s sweet!

Posts: 25 | Location: MS | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Several years ago, Steve built me a 6.5x47 Lapua on a XP action. I rarely get to shoot it, not because I don't want to, but because I set it up for a 500m match and only shoot it once a year. Last year, I got 35x40 from 200-500 meters in a silhouette match, where you have 2.5 min to shoot 5 shots. Great gun, Steve works wonders. Have never heard anything bad about his work.

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post