Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trigger Login/Join 

posted
what are most of ur trigger pulls set at? i have a xp100r and have had my smith take it down to 3.5 but it still seems heavy in this rear grip .260 remington.Im thinking of putting a Jewell trigger in. I hunt from box stands in SC.

Posts: 1151 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I won’t be getting rid of my Jewels any time soon. Trigger Tech has impressed me. I am patiently waiting on two to show up.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3023 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
1# ish

That factory trigger should go that low

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
1# ish

you are saying the remington trigger should go that low?

Posts: 1151 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
My xp100 factory trigger is adjusted to right around that, yes.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabus:
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
1# ish

you are saying the remington trigger should go that low?

Yes. With minimal adjusting

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All of mine have factory triggers and all set to right around 1½#.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The trigger weights on my XP's varies, depending on what I use it for. I like my deer hunting XP's to have heavier triggers than my varmint hunting XP's. Deer hunting XP's are about 3#. Varmint XP's 1.5-2#. OTOH, my 260 Rem XP is 3.5# because I cant't get it to function reliably at less than that.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My XP’s are set at 24 ounces.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary T:
The trigger weights on my XP's varies, depending on what I use it for. I like my deer hunting XP's to have heavier triggers than my varmint hunting XP's. Deer hunting XP's are about 3#. Varmint XP's 1.5-2#. OTOH, my 260 Rem XP is 3.5# because I cant't get it to function reliably at less than that.

is your 260 a xp110R?

posted Hide Post
My center grip is between a pound and a pound and a half. My rear grip repeater I replaced the factory trigger with a Timney Calvin Elite factory set to 10 oz.

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BruceP,

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As few ounces as I can get them. I'm used to BR triggers though.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post