Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp100 284. Pair! Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
These are almost twins. 1” of barrel length difference. Holland brakes, brux barrels, and the works. Range time tomorrow.

Posts: 4029 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
NOW we know where that unlimited supply of XP actions has gone........

Very cool

Posts: 913 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indianamoon:
NOW we know where that unlimited supply of XP actions has gone........

Very cool

Over 50 custom xp last year laugh

Posts: 4029 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well, I did one.... happy

For me.

Posts: 913 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
Very nice pair! What are the barrel lengths?

Chris

Posts: 708 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
17 and 18

quote:
Originally posted by Predator_huntin:
Very nice pair! What are the barrel lengths?

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I really like the one in the fore ground. Stock is perfect color for the metal finish. The 284 is about as good as you can get in a XP for anything you want to hunt I think. Mine is 16" w/o break. Ernie talked me into that caliber about 10 years back. What twist are the barrels?
You do some fine work on your firearms!
Good luck in the load development.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3084 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McClura:
Outstanding! I really like the one in the fore ground. Stock is perfect color for the metal finish. The 284 is about as good as you can get in a XP for anything you want to hunt I think. Mine is 16" w/o break. Ernie talked me into that caliber about 10 years back. What twist are the barrels?
You do some fine work on your firearms!
Good luck in the load development.

Mike

Both 1/9

Both for customers....if they were all mine I would be broke

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Another great looking pair!!! Congrats!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pair in a very practical caliber in an XP. Hope to see a post of the range results !

Posts: 957 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looking great. One of days I’m getting you to make me one.

Posts: 473 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Those look sharp. I bet they shoot. Don't forget to try the 142gr lehigh, they hammer critters.

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
These will be getting the same test fire load I have used for 2 years... 162 sst over 53 grains 4831sc. Then they ship

posted Hide Post
Hoggin .... They look great.

I am still sorting out the specifics but hope to have you build a 284 for me in the near future.

Any idea on the barrel contours used for these builds?

Thanks,
Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Sendero