Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 48 specialty pistol Login/Join 

posted
I saw one today at the Nosler shop. They said it would be introduced in a month or so.

Matthew

Posts: 42 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
We need more details than that teaser. devil

Posts: 3529 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
We need more details than that teaser. devil

I agree, this is very interesting news to me.
I will be following this thread closely.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
ok, you got our attention Hi

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Looks espensive!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Looks espensive!

Everything in this game is expensive.....

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am very happy to see it is a center grip.
I figured they would introduce it as a rear grip.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
Interesting. I toured Nosler (really neat) in October. Guy knew I was a handgun freak. Never said a word!
Maybe it will go the way of the "fine" Weatherby handgun?

Posts: 1855 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the caliber options will be?

Rick

Posts: 3529 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just might be worth the 3 hour drive to check it out first hand.

Posts: 11 | Location: Washington | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
My first impression is that it looks cheesey. Maybe it will look better in my hand. I think my xp's look much better. Kudos on the initiative to get into handguns though! thumbup

[ps. just think the stock looks cheesey]

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 803 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I’m willing to bet they will offer a wood stock too

posted Hide Post
As long as the McMillan after market stock could be configured maybe... but I agree don't dig the stock on the one in the picture.

Posts: 355 | Location: Lone Jack MO | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't mind the stock, and I'm glad they're using the AR pistol grip so that it can easily be changed out. A specialty pistol with a factory stock that doesn't require a gunsmith and six-months to modify is a welcome addition to the market.

Posts: 39 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Wonder what the caliber options will be?

Rick
22Nosler for sure Big Grin
Bet it would be fun in the dog patch munch
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
This is really interesting!!!! We must get more info!!!! Cool

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
quote:
A specialty pistol with a factory stock that doesn't require a gunsmith and six-months to modify is a welcome addition to the market.

I got mine done in about a month after i had my stock. Big Grin

That is not the prettiest stock in the world. Maybe a color change would help me....all black or something. scratch head

Awesome that they might make some! If they could keep it under $2000..... laugh nuts

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks Great to me.

I like the stock myself.

Hopefully it’ll be priced right.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
looks great, sure with it was left bolt left port. I always hate having to break my grip when reloading. Savage had it halfway right with the left bolt striker. Very interested to see what price that sucker comes in at.

Posts: 110 | Location: Marthasville, Missouri | Registered: February 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks very good to me too. As long as the grip fit is good. It looks like it could take a beating and keep on ticking which is important in a hunting gun.

Posts: 241 | Location: Home | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
Talked to my source at Nosler today. No firm decision on price, calibers, stock options. The boss is finalizing that now. Release date- "soon".
I put a plug in for all the propritory Nosler calibers.

Posts: 1855 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone have any more info on this rig?
Looks pretty interesting to me.

Posts: 46 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 86alaskan:
looks great, sure with it was left bolt left port. I always hate having to break my grip when reloading. Savage had it halfway right with the left bolt striker. Very interested to see what price that sucker comes in at.

2X on the left bolt & port. Did Ernie have something to do with this?

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
My efforts did not initiate this. I have been in contact with them and phone calls and emails now, once I learned the prototype was out.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

Is it my imagination or does the back end of the barrel (under the objective bell of the scope) say "22 Nosler" on it??

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary T:
quote:

Is it my imagination or does the back end of the barrel (under the objective bell of the scope) say "22 Nosler" on it??

Looks like it to me.

Posts: 1605 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to this. I plan on going to my LGS within the next couple of weeks and see what they can find out. I got my heart set on a 26Nosler, 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor or even a 6.5-284. I'll take anything as long as it's a 6.5/260.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Hope this happens. Just passed on a really nice gun last night in hopes of this Nosler Specialty Pistol.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
magman, The Nosler handgun will happen -- and it's going to be a dandy!

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
I tryed inviting them to the MOA COLD TURKEY match and as of today have not received a response. Disapointing as it could have been a good opportunity to show off their product in action.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure there will be one of their new handguns at MOA Smile

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it will come with a Nosler rep. Promote the shooting sports!!! flag

----------------------
I am that idiot.

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Them Nosler people are hard to get ahold of. Been trying for 3 days. No luck.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
I'm pretty sure there will be one of their new handguns at MOA Smile

Are you bringing it?

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If nothing unforeseen happens -- YES.

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Mark: if you have a connection within Nosler, please try to get them to send a representitive to participate and write an article for them as you have done for the match. Good advertising for them, good excuse for another article. See you then.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Finally got ahold of the Nosler folks. It sounds like it just might be available at some point. All they had when I called was a prototype 22Nosler. No interest in that. The rep did say that if it does happen, they have a contact list so they can inform people. I put my name on the list. Now it's wait and see.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
If nothing unforeseen happens -- YES

Mark, Make sure to bring LOTS of extra ammo! Big Grin Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Roger that Glenn!!! I'd talk more about it -- but they told me to keep my big mouth shut! One of these days...............

posted Hide Post
I'm new here and don't want to get bashed for not knowing but.....are there "tactical" pistol courses like the rifle courses? Because this looks like it was made specifically for something like that.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
WY-SHOT is not a PRS Match, but a field steel shoot.
I wouldn't call mine a tactical shoot...Some might.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
girevik, The Nosler pistol is not specifically designed for "tactical" matches. It will find favor with handgun hunters and shooters in general -- and it is extremely accurate. So I guess it may have several different applications depending on interest/desire.

posted Hide Post
The way you say that makes me think you've got it already Big Grin

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you look at the Nosler site at the Ballistic varmint bullet section you can see a fella holding a dead coyote and a white model 48 SP
Matt munch
Remember Aaron he is supposed to keep quiet Roll Eyes

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 17VLD:
If you look at the Nosler site at the Ballistic varmint bullet section you can see a fella holding a dead coyote and a white model 48 SP
Matt munch
Remember Aaron he is supposed to keep quiet Roll Eyes

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
The pistol is fairly well covered up so it is quiet to me.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Nosler made the announcement, well, teaser on fb today about this pistol...

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19874 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we will see at least one at the MOA cold turkey match in two weeks.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

posted Hide Post
There will be a Nosler handgun at MOA - in 6.5 Creedmoor. Look for more photos and details Monday.

Picture of Sawcarver
posted Hide Post
Awesome Mark! I look forward to seeing it and seeing how well it shoots. And seeing you and the Mrs too, is she shooting it in the match or you?

Adam

Posts: 961 | Location: Howell MI | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Adam, Hope you are well. The Nosler has a 16 inch barrel so I won't be shooting it in the light gun or hunter class. Karen has a new build for heavy gun and if I'm nice -- she may let me shoot it. I'll bring the Nosler and hopefully we can burn some powder. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Here it is...

https://www.nosler.com/nosler-...1b&mc_eid=0b2ffa2af1

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19874 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
There will be a Nosler handgun at MOA - in 6.5 Creedmoor. Look for more photos and details Monday.

Mark: Any chance there will be a factory rep. along with you promoting the pistol?

Twist their arm - long or short - to attend the match.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Got email to place order.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

posted Hide Post
Gary, I'll twist an arm or two but I'm not holding my breath.

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Awesome Cool

Almost a fair price lol, looks good, and decent cartridge choices.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I really like the storm trooper white model. Anyone want to buy one of my kidneys so I can get it? Actually, I think it would look cool as polished aluminum too.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I think they were wise in putting their price over $500 cheaper than H-S.
Really pleased they have barrel length options, and a brake option (Harrell).
For this price are we looking at Brux, Broughton, Krieger, and Bartlein barrel type quality?
Still, as much as a custom XP, built exactly the way you want it.
I would get a more vertical AR grip with a semi rounded or flat bottom for field shooting/hunting.
I think it has an adjustable trigger...If so, that is really COOL!
I like the looks of this SP.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
Website shows Shilen. I would like to know the twist rates of the different chamberings.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Currently the barrels are Shilen. The heavy contour on my 6.5 Creedmoor has a muzzle diameter of .825". The barrel if fully free-floated.

The trigger is fully adjustable for pull weight, engagement, and over-travel. Nosler manufactured this 2-stage trigger.

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark and Rich!

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Glad to see another bolt action pistol show up.

Posts: 3 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: June 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
There is a write up over on shooter forum Accurate Shooter forum in the Daily Bulletin section.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
5.4 lbs is impressive. I think you could make weight in light gun at the MOA.

Posts: 1605 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jon, We missed you this year. Hope you can attend next year -- 13th Annual MOA Shoot. Yes, I believe the Nosler with 15-inch fluted barrel, 20 MOA base, muzzle brake, and scope would make the Light Gun weight requirement. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two set-up for next year's MOA shoot Smile

posted Hide Post
I really missed seeing everyone this year. Adam and Mike were kind enough to keep me updated on the shooting as each day progressed. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

Jon

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Mine showd yesterday. So far no demons. Overall very nice.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Tim,

What caliber did you go with?

Rick

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
6.5 Creedmoor. I'd post a pic, but don't know to from a phone.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Sorry I tried to resize it.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

posted Hide Post
Still waiting patiently for mine.

Posts: 204 | Location: shawnee, ks usa | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mine finally arrived yesterday!!

Posts: 204 | Location: shawnee, ks usa | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post