Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 110 pcs Login/Join 

posted
Factory action but sounds like it could be decent

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Is there a question?

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
He kinda worded it vaguely. Savage has announced a new model, the 110 PCS (Pistol Chassis System). It’s a new bolt action pistol in a chassis. It s a left hand bolt, right eject that feeds from an AICS magazine and comes in 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, 223, 350 Legend, and 300 Blackout. It does look like a cool pistol if you like bolt chassis pistols. Here’s a link with pics and more info:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....-bolt-action-pistol/

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Predator_huntin,

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Not keen on that great big magazine hanging down there.

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It sure ain't much to look at. laugh Can you not have tacti cool and aesthetically pleasing in the same package, or does it always have to look like-------- THAT!

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just threw up.

Posts: 299 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As ugly as it is it can’t help but shoot good.Savage rifles have done well at the VHA Jamboree years ago.Not saying I’d buy one but I have a feeling they may be accurate.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Lots of past “mass market” bolt pistols have been accurate - none are still around. The niche is tiny, and playing to the tactical crowd with a brace-ready high capacity offering might help. Let’s hope that if it stays around that there is aftermarket stock support with either wood or syntgetic materials. Disclaimer - I have one chassis pistol, a custom Charger. Yes it’s fun, but nothing like this Savage.

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah the tactical look does suck for us, but we are a niche market. I’m just glad pistols are being offered. Shorter magazines are available, as well as single shot sleds that sit flush. The modular AR grip is nice to be able to get the grip angle and size you like. Chassis setups aren’t for everyone, but some do like them. I have one I like. Basically this is a rear grip Striker action in a chassis with an accu-trigger. Not a bad place to start…

It’s not like we can run out and buy a new XP-100 anymore…just gotta be happy pistols are being thought about.

And if you guys hate this that bad, you’ll probably really hate a post from me in a couple weeks about a project I started back at the end of summer. I just have some more load and accuracy testing to do this weekend and then I plan on sharing/posting details about it…

Chris

posted Hide Post
just wait until the arm braces start showing up.
sounds like savage bolts are having a bit of extraction problems. most likely bolt bodies to long to start the caming process in time.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It has some neat features, but $1000 for a bolt action handgun w/ a 10.5" barrel?? nuts That's a little much since I'll need to put a longer barrel on it. I'd be interested in it if they offered the action/stock only.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
just wait until the arm braces start showing up.

Yeah, the rear of the stock looks like it's "brace ready."

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It has a few things that could be better.
The Chassis System is not very sand bag friendly from the look of it, however it should work pretty well off a bipod.
I am sure I could live with the factory trigger.
I could live with an AR Grip.
The shorty barrel can be fixed, and while swapping the barrel for one around 15 inches you could also get a twist suited to the bullets you plan to shoot. You would not be limited to the factory chamberings either.

My preference would have been a Brown Laminated Stock with about 10 Inches of Forend. The Forend would be about Two Inches wide and Sand Bag friendly.
My preference would have been a Single Shot Action with Left Hand Bolt, and Left Side Ejection. The second choice would be an internal magazine with or without floor plate.

This pistol kinda reminds me of a Jeep Wrangler. Obviously no one in engineering has one for a daily driver, and four wheels it. If they did the door wiring would unplug with a trailer style plug, and the heaters would not be garbage.

If anyone with some stroke at Savage was a Handgun Hunter the barrel would not be 10.5 inches long, and it would not be in a TactiCool Chassis.

Bob R

Posts: 33 | Location: SC Missouri | Registered: December 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I doubt this was ever for handgun guys to begin with.. It is probably more of finding away to get a SBR type barrel length, and to easily add on a "arm brace."

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Too ugly for my tastes, and I consider myself a Savage guy having owned a number of them over the years. I like my Strikers but will pass on this one.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
I doubt this was ever for handgun guys to begin with.. It is probably more of finding away to get a SBR type barrel length, and to easily add on a "arm brace."

Ernie nailed it. This is all about the pistol brace. Timimg is kind of bad with AFT dangling new restrictions concerning pistol braces.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The stock looks like an MDT Gen 2 stock. Some Cerakote or paint would help it. You could also remove the AR grip and replace it with a vertical grip. Personally, I would like to see the pistol brace band. These are going to cause problems for us and the government could extend the band to our type of pistols very easily.

Posts: 162 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
These are going to cause problems for us and the government could extend the band to our type of pistols very easily.

Just how?

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I thought my Strikers were ugly! A 110 model indicates a long action in their rifles.

The mag is going to be in the way and why a 10" barrel? Appears there is a barrel nut so barrel change would be a snap if they are small shank all the better. And wonder if a short 110 factory mag will work?

Maybe the actions will be available with a Savage dealer/rep through the custom shop at the factory?

Posts: 273 | Location: the brushies | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I was in a small shop,actually a combination gun shop, pharmacy, in a small neighboring town last week. There was a pistol similar to the savage built by christensen arms. It was priced at $2500.00.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K9TXS:
The stock looks like an MDT Gen 2 stock. Some Cerakote or paint would help it. You could also remove the AR grip and replace it with a vertical grip. Personally, I would like to see the pistol brace band. These are going to cause problems for us and the government could extend the band to our type of pistols very easily.

It is an MDT chassis

Chris

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtf:
I thought my Strikers were ugly! A 110 model indicates a long action in their rifles.

The mag is going to be in the way and why a 10" barrel? Appears there is a barrel nut so barrel change would be a snap if they are small shank all the better. And wonder if a short 110 factory mag will work?

Maybe the actions will be available with a Savage dealer/rep through the custom shop at the factory?

Savage has done weird things with model numbers. the 110 while seems like it should be a long action, there are indeed short action 110’s. Look at the 110 Tactical rifles in 6mm ARC, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc…

the 110 PCS is a short action rear grip striker with accu-trigger, left hand bolt right eject in a chassis. They use AICS magazines. As it’s been said in the thread, It seems purely setup to be paired with an arm brace like many other manufacturers have done.

Chris

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RICHP:
Not to hijack the thread, but I was in a small shop,actually a combination gun shop, pharmacy, in a small neighboring town last week. There was a pistol similar to the savage built by christensen arms. It was priced at $2500.00.

RichP, yeah a few manufacturers are making things like this. Christensen is one, there’s another company that makes the Pork Sword, Q makes the Mini Fix Pistol, etc… Most all of these are $2000 and higher.

Looks like these Savage’s are going to hit the market around $825 from seein* them listed “out of stock” on a few websites.

Chris

posted Hide Post
pm sent

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jtf,

Posts: 273 | Location: the brushies | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2061 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like the center grip and full forend of my XP100s. This Savage is memorable for me because no longer can the detractors say the XP is ugly, even when equipped with a nice wood stock. I also can't understand putting a snub nose 10" barrel on the Savage. I guess with that big magazine the intent is to spray and pray rather than to develop marksmanship. Sorry, I realize that I am not in the intended consumer "segment" for it.

Posts: 23 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mountain Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blades:
Not keen on that great big magazine hanging down there.

Me either…

Posts: 58 | Location: East Tennessee  | Registered: December 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A factory 3 round mag is flush fitting, and a 5 round is off the shelf too. Would improve the look. I prefer a left bolt shooting right handed but don't like the full length molded base in the way of top loading.

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
quote:
…I also can't understand putting a snub nose 10" barrel on the Savage. I guess with that big magazine the intent is to spray and pray rather than to develop marksmanship. Sorry, I realize that I am not in the intended consumer "segment" for it.

Perhaps I can help. I can’t meaningfully comment on the marketing logic behind this pistol, but to imply that a 10” barrel can’t be accurate is simply wrong. The barrel’s length has little to do with “marksmanship” anyway - that is a skill, not hardware. When my eyes were younger I had no trouble picking off chickens on the 200 meter IHMSA rail with my 10” Contenders, that does take some marksmanship and barrel accuracy. I have no interest in suppressors, but for those who do the short tube allows mounting one while still keeping the handgun within reasonable pistol dimensions.

“Spray and pray” with a bolt gun? You must be stuck in the Royal Army in 1916 with your SMLE Mk III Enfield…

posted Hide Post
Chris.........I am waiting with bated breath!

New Savage is butt ugly! Take a hack saw to the magazine and put in a single shot sled to make it bag friendly. Like the chassis and with a "red" trigger I'll bet it shoots! The Striker needed a rear grip to negate the trigger linkage, but this is too much tactical.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WNY Bill,

Posts: 143 | Location: WNY | Registered: January 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I meant no implication about the accuracy of a 10" barrel vs. say, 15". Velocity and sight radius (if iron sights) are the point. Portability with the 15" would not be much different given the rest of the package. I have not found the single shot aspect of the XP to be a problem, and simply wondered what was the intent of a medium or large capacity magazine.

Posts: 23 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
By far the ugliest gun I ever saw !
But that's just me !

Posts: 16 | Location: Wampum Pa | Registered: March 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WNY Bill:
Chris.........I am waiting with bated breath!

New Savage is butt ugly! Take a hack saw to the magazine and put in a single shot sled to make it bag friendly. Like the chassis and with a "red" trigger I'll bet it shoots! The Striker needed a rear grip to negate the trigger linkage, but this is too much tactical.

Bill, I am waiting as well. I agree an AICS single shot sled and/or a flush fitting 3 round magazine is the way to go. I’m definitely in for one of these, just deciding on 223 vs 350 legend lol. Eh I’ll probably end up with both

Chris

posted Hide Post
This pistol is a Remington 700 CP look-a-like. New Nosler is a two grand single shot piece and I think Remington discontinued theirs.

I assume the savage rear grip rail is to attach a rifle butt? That is a bull-sack-hang-down mag well for sure, but the stock fore end is stiff enough for a bipod instead of a bag rest. One thing they got right is the left bolt for the right hand shooters.

I have seen these new MDT chassis style rifles and they are as ugly as it gets, imo.

posted Hide Post
I was talking about these to one of my local gun shops yesterday afternoon, and he said one in 223 was in stock at his distributor. I bought it, so hopefully I'll have one in hand very soon...

Chris

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K9TXS:
Pull your head out of the sand! Just like bump stocks, the pistol brace is just another step in their desire toward total disarmament of the population, that IS their end goal. Allowing all these little pieces and parts to get banned is allowing this gov't to build toward banning whole classes of guns. If you think "handguns" aren't at that top of the list, you're fooling yourself!

I agree, it is a copy of the Remington that was introduced a few years ago, that i also believe is discontinued. The Rem offered slightly longer barrels, iirc, in some calibers but definitely not what "us" handgunners would have preferred. I personally, don't mind its look and would certainly not let that stop me from buying one. the 10-round mag would be great for those p-dog towns. It would make a great varminting rig in 223 or 22-250 with a 15" barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by Predator_huntin:
I was talking about these to one of my local gun shops yesterday afternoon, and he said one in 223 was in stock at his distributor. I bought it, so hopefully I'll have one in hand very soon...
thumbup

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
<SNIP> It would make a great varminting rig in 223 or 22-250 with a 15" barrel

I should have it in hand by the weekend...I plan on shooting the 10" barrel that's on it but unless it's just stupid accurate my full intentions is to rebarrel to heavier profile 15" long. It's a savage after all...just a barrel nut wrench, action wrench, go/no-go gauges and you're done...

Chris

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
I had one in my grubby paws at the NRA National in Houston. Personally, I like my Striker better, but may end up with one anyway. Handles better than it looks. It is, as described, a current 110 with a pistol barrel in a pistol chassis. Same barrel nut system, etc.
The Savage rep was quite hospitable and said to check with your LGS and have them talk to their distributors. Supply is short right now.
Smile

Posts: 93 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did some horse trading yesterday for one in 308. Have a small herd of Strikers so something new to play with. Waiting on a scope and going to try and find a 5 round and 3 round mag. Unless is shoots great am leaning toward finding a used 7-08 or 308 rifle barrel to cut down to around 15 inches.

Posts: 124 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe Midway has several 5 rd mags. Not sure about 3 rd. I was looking for 5 rd .223 mags when I found these at Midway.

Posts: 16 | Location: Devine TX | Registered: October 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post