Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new hog leg with a bolt Login/Join 

posted
15" full cylinder barrel in 6 ppc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: foxhunter,

Posts: 57 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice,was just thinking about a no turn 6ppc.
Most in the br game turn necks,curious with nice brass if neck turning is even needed these days.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
I have a no turn 6ppc in a mgm barrel on an encore. I use Norma brass. It mics out at .265” with a seated bullet. I had my chamber reamed to .268”. It shoots great and the Norma brass so far is doing very well. I get 1/4” groups out of it and am very pleased so far.

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 606 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have less than 60 rounds through my 6PPC but have shot a couple of 3 shot groups under .30. Used .220 Russian brass and I haven’t turned the necks. I am amazed at how well it shoots

Posts: 18 | Location: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
what kind of velocity are you guys getting and what bullet weight. I have not shot the pistol yet. the chamber is a .264 neck. I'm waiting to get my hands on the brass before ordering a bushing for my Redding types s die. any thoughts on bushing size?
still have to check the twist rate to see what bullet to use, wild guess is 1-14.

anyone recognize the stock as to mfg?

Posts: 57 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No idea on velocity. Shooting 68 grain Bergers. 1 to 8 twist in a 16 inch barrel

Posts: 18 | Location: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Haven’t checked the velocity yet but I used Sierra match king hpbt and nosler varmageddon both in 70 gr. With 26 gr of H322. It’s a 15.875” barrel with a 1:10 twist. I’m seating my bullets .001” off the lands but still thinking about tinkering with that. scratch head I’ve got really good groups from both loads gibbing the edge to the sierras maybe. Thinking about trying a 68gr Berger and possibly N133.

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales

Posts: 606 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Nice Congrats!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice rig. I wanted to go to a 6PPC, but with all the work with neck turning and finding the brass and forming, i decided to go with the 6mmbr. Curious about a no turn 6PPC. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Forming the brass was fairly easy. I planned on turning the necks after the first time firing but the consistency I am getting makes me question whether it is worth it. I also loaded and shot 5 rounds with the 95 grain Bergers. Same result, one hole on the target. Norm

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Good looking set-up!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mntngoat
posted Hide Post
Matt go .274" for a no turn

ML

Posts: 108 | Location: Behind The Orange Curtain, Kalifornia | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No turn 6 PPC is a better bet than a Br
I have built both, I do not even shoot the Br
Mine is .272

DAN

Posts: 744 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
well guys I got to shoot the xp-100 today, this was the only load I got to shoot. 25 gr h322 with 70 gr nosler balistictips, velocity was 2551 fps. range was 100 yards with calm conditions and 75*.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: foxhunter,

posted Hide Post
Great group! thumbup won’t have to do much load development.

Posts: 2063 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I put a 3-12 Burris scope on it, helps when you can see what you are shooting at.

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Wow! Looks like you found its load on the first go round. What’s that group measure? Gotta love the 6 ppc

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales