Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Collection directions Login/Join 

Picture of indianamoon
posted
Sometimes when I am bored my mind wanders. Of course, when I'm not bored it still wanders. Was looking at the reloading dies last nite and realized another direction that the collection could take...........

I already have a 218 Bee, and a 219 improved Zipper, and a 220 Swift, and a 221 remington, See where this is leading? And a 222 Rem mag, and a 223, and I have the dies for 224 Weatherby Magnum. BUT, BUT I don't have the gun.

So now I gotta have one, but don't particularly want to just head out to the local gun store and pick up some rifle, hey everybody has one of those, right? Well, I thinks to myself, I should have another single shot pistol in 224 WM. And why not a Weatherby pistol in 224WM? Sadly, I recently sold the CFP in 223 that I could have just re-chambered and re-worked the bolt.

Anybody know of a Weatherby for sale in 223 or another caliber with a bolt face small enough for the 224WM? (It is a bit smaller than the 308 case head.)

Posts: 910 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, but do you have a Rampro rear grip in a Rem. 222? With a fast twist that will run 80 grain bullets from a 2 ounce trigger? Cuz I do, and I live just down the road from you..... happy

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Nice! But I am confused. Are you bragging, teasing me, or offering it for sale? Or maybe a shoot off opportunity?

Posts: 910 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bragging? maybe a little, mostly just saying it's a really cool SP
Teasing? it is truly a joy to shoot with zero recoil as opposed to superboomers
For sale? hmmm, I'd have to think on that, but maybe. It is a right grip, left bolt, left port. And deadly accurate....

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Did you by any chance get the Ultralite that was for sale on arms list down by you a while back?

posted Hide Post
No, most of my stuff comes from other silhouette shooters. Been several years since I bought a bolt pistol, too many forays into other shooting sports. I did shoot the Rampro last weekend in Ohio, hit 39x40 in half scale, missing the #2 ram. Great gun, smooth bolt, no recoil. But the bolt is on the left side and makes me change to a more traditional creeedmore position that I am less comfortable with.