Specialty Pistols
Collection directions

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/2020060496

April 10, 2019, 10:08 AM
indianamoon
Collection directions
Sometimes when I am bored my mind wanders. Of course, when I'm not bored it still wanders. Was looking at the reloading dies last nite and realized another direction that the collection could take...........

I already have a 218 Bee, and a 219 improved Zipper, and a 220 Swift, and a 221 remington, See where this is leading? And a 222 Rem mag, and a 223, and I have the dies for 224 Weatherby Magnum. BUT, BUT I don't have the gun.

So now I gotta have one, but don't particularly want to just head out to the local gun store and pick up some rifle, hey everybody has one of those, right? Well, I thinks to myself, I should have another single shot pistol in 224 WM. And why not a Weatherby pistol in 224WM? Sadly, I recently sold the CFP in 223 that I could have just re-chambered and re-worked the bolt.

Anybody know of a Weatherby for sale in 223 or another caliber with a bolt face small enough for the 224WM? (It is a bit smaller than the 308 case head.)
April 14, 2019, 09:58 PM
aggshooter
Yes, but do you have a Rampro rear grip in a Rem. 222? With a fast twist that will run 80 grain bullets from a 2 ounce trigger? Cuz I do, and I live just down the road from you..... happy
April 15, 2019, 01:15 PM
indianamoon
Nice! But I am confused. Are you bragging, teasing me, or offering it for sale? Or maybe a shoot off opportunity?
April 15, 2019, 03:32 PM
aggshooter
Bragging? maybe a little, mostly just saying it's a really cool SP
Teasing? it is truly a joy to shoot with zero recoil as opposed to superboomers
For sale? hmmm, I'd have to think on that, but maybe. It is a right grip, left bolt, left port. And deadly accurate....
April 16, 2019, 07:15 AM
indianamoon
Did you by any chance get the Ultralite that was for sale on arms list down by you a while back?
May 02, 2019, 10:13 PM
aggshooter
No, most of my stuff comes from other silhouette shooters. Been several years since I bought a bolt pistol, too many forays into other shooting sports. I did shoot the Rampro last weekend in Ohio, hit 39x40 in half scale, missing the #2 ram. Great gun, smooth bolt, no recoil. But the bolt is on the left side and makes me change to a more traditional creeedmore position that I am less comfortable with.