Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP100 center to rear grip conversion Login/Join 

posted
I have a custom shop XP100, w/ a wooden center grip. I'm considering converting to a rear grip. I would use a Trigger Tech Diamond trigger. What is involved w/ trigger conversion? Do I simply use the hanger and replace current trigger?
If I do this, I would sell the current custom shop wooden stock.
Thanks,
Bob

robert a norwood

Posts: 34 | Location: virginia | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bob, if you do decide to do this I might be interested in your stock.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Email me @ robert.norwood@gmail.com for pics. I have a phone call in to Jim Rockwell, before I decide.
Thanks,
Bob

robert a norwood

Posts: 34 | Location: virginia | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Bob you just remove the 2 screws holding the linkage to the recoil lug then drive out the 2 pins hold the trigger and remove in one piece. Then install your new trigger with the 2 pins you removed that held the trigger assembly and adjust for function and install in your new stock.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Don't give up your old stock until you are sure that you will love the rear grip.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Bob you just remove the 2 screws holding the linkage to the recoil lug then drive out the 2 pins hold the trigger and remove in one piece. Then install your new trigger with the 2 pins you removed that held the trigger assembly and adjust for function and install in your new stock.

That's what I thought. Now, to see if there would be any problem w/ 2 action screws, one being in the feeding ramp. I'll check w/ Jim Rockwell re that.
Thanks

robert a norwood

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sawfish:
Don't give up your old stock until you are sure that you will love the rear grip.[/QUOTe

I already know I would like it better. I have 2 Anschutz Exemplars in 22LR and 17HMR, a rear grip Rampro 6BR, built by John Ilium yrs ago, and a Greg Tannel Emmerson Creek rear grip pistol, from an older 40X action.
My current setup shoots a consistent 1/4 moa. Trigger is set @ 1# 7 oz, albeit w/ creep. Just looking for a better setup to suit me. Not fully decided, yet.
Thanks

robert a norwood

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you decide to sell the centergrip trigger!

Brad

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator T/C:
Let me know if you decide to sell the centergrip trigger!

Brad

Will do, thanks.

robert a norwood