Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28 Nosler XP build Updated Login/Join 

posted

Started on the new 28 Nosler XP-100 this weekend.
Got all barrel work done. 18" McGowan 1-8 twist throated for the 195 gr Berger EOL bullets. Had PTG build me a .321" neck, with .288 FB Match reamer. I fit on a 4 port Magnum Muscle Brake.
She's going in a McMillan center grip stock. Will post more as the project progresses Big Grin

I wonder if this is the first 28 Nosler SP???

-Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 40xmike,

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Super cool Mike.I wonder if Retumbo will work well in that SP.
Can't wait to follow the progress of this build. popcorn
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 635 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dad-Gum it! You stole my idea!! LOL!

Looking good! Keep us posted and I believe you've broke new ground in the XP'S with the .28 in an SP.

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice start Mike. If that one is for yourself I have this gut hunch its not the only one being built on an XP action for use in Wyoming next year.

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That is super cool!!!! I am sure that there will be more made in that caliber. Thanks for sharing.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Nice start Mike. If that one is for yourself I have this gut hunch its not the only one being built on an XP action for use in Wyoming next year.

Jon,
Your right!
I'll be bringing two of them Big Grin

Thanks guys!
-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That looks nice Mike! I'm sure it will be a hammer. For some reason I thought this was going to be a centergrip though... Might think about putting an extra screw hole for the base too.

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
That looks nice Mike! I'm sure it will be a hammer. For some reason I thought this was going to be a centergrip though... Might think about putting an extra screw hole for the base too.

Aaron

Aaron,
This is the center grip build. Need to open up the face on the extra bolt that I have for the switch barrel BR gun. That will be a straight 1.200" x 20" barrel.

-mike

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
munch

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Awesome Possum!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
drool

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Been anxiously awaiting this post. Knew it wouldn't be long. Looks really nice so far Mike. What is the taper on that barrel? I am ringing my hand in anticipation of chucks this spring. Big Grin
What is the final finish going to be, cerakote? Cant wait to see the finished build. happy

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin7mm:
Been anxiously awaiting this post. Knew it wouldn't be long. Looks really nice so far Mike. What is the taper on that barrel? I am ringing my hand in anticipation of chucks this spring. Big Grin
What is the final finish going to be, cerakote? Cant wait to see the finished build. happy

Bret

Bret,
This a McGowan #8 taper. Finishes at 1.00" at the muzzle. The barrel will be going to Cerakote this week. You will have to wait to see the finished gun Big Grin
I think the chucks are going to have a rough spring this coming year! We need to plan an SP get together somehow? I know Aaron is going to make it down, and it would be fun to get Steve (Shaggy357) back out again happy There's some new goals to be met thumbup

-Mike

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle build.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet combo! Can't wait to see it complete!

Posts: 68 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
SOOOO SWEET! Can't wait to see you blast a hog with it (and shoot her myself) in a couple weeks!!! Looking good Mike.... Love following your work.

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!!! thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looking great Mike!!! Looking forward to you getting some loads worked up!!

Jon, I have a feeling you're correct Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3517 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Mike. thumbup thumbup

I like the looks of that fluted bolt. Should come out of cerakote looking pretty awesome.

Steve Smile
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing it running

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys!

Got the barrel channel opened up in the McMillan stock last night. Cerakote shop is a little backed up right now. Hopefully not much longer!
Getting ever closer just the same Big Grin

-Mike

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
That is one SEXY BEAST!!!! NICE WORK Mike....

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's probably the best looking XP I've ever seen!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice!

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1593 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looking good!! thumbup

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Like that color in the stock!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
That's Snazzzzy! With it sitting there looking like that how do you keep from just running out and ripping a couple through it??? devil

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice work Mike.

Posts: 21 | Location: KC, MO | Registered: November 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Oh My!! bowdown that is lookin "good"
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Boooootiful!! thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 816 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys!

She's all together now and ready for a trip to the range. I'll be starting load development with RE33 and Retumbo.

Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas!

-Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 40xmike,

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
That looks sweet!! Cant wait to see the range reports and even more can't wait for the opportunity to shoot it!! Big Grin
May have to find a new rockchuck spot for that baby that will allow longer than the 1000 yards of the one spot.
You should take a video clip on your phone when you shoot it and send it to me. I want to see that baby in action.
All these pictures of new builds just builds the anticipation for my next one. Patience Grasshopper Patience. laugh

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeeettttttttt!

posted Hide Post
What's your barrel diameter at the
muzzle befor the brake

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLASERMAN:
What's your barrel diameter at the
muzzle befor the brake

The barrel diameter is 1.00" at the brake.

-Mike