Specialty Pistols
NEW MOA

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/1730011386

June 02, 2016, 01:37 PM
Yel95
NEW MOA
Finally got around to shooting my new to me MOA pistol. It's a 45-70 with a brake. I used factory Hornady 250gr monoflex ammo. It shot pretty good at 50 yards.

Jeff
June 02, 2016, 02:41 PM
old leghumper
Nice catch. Little bit of a hand full isn't it! Be patient unloading this one.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
June 02, 2016, 04:32 PM
Leupold Man
That's a nice pistol great find!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
June 03, 2016, 11:58 AM
Shaggy357
Easily minute of whitetail or wild hog.
Would like to see how well that rolls one of those big GA boars!! munch

Very nice.

Steve Smile
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"
June 03, 2016, 04:57 PM
Yel95
I am planning on trying it out on hogs this summer at some point and of course deer in the fall. Now, work just needs to cooperate. The 250's are pretty pleasant to shoot with a brake. I could see it getting crazy with anything heavier than the 300's however.
June 03, 2016, 06:13 PM
rickiesrevenge
Thats pretty good shooting. Plenty good enough to kill whatever you point it at!

Aaron
June 05, 2016, 11:27 AM
McClura
That is nice! Great Shooter--Did you buy the MOA with the 45-70 barrel on it? I'm looking for someone to change a new barrel on my MOA from .376 Steyr to .243. All I keep getting is excuses from the guy that purchased MOA Corporation from the previous owner. He took control of the business over a year back and is still not working on guns or building them.
Mike

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.
June 05, 2016, 02:45 PM
old leghumper
Be a little more patient - new pistols are being made just not ready to sell. Call Richard - he might be sweet talked into making a spanner wrench.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
June 05, 2016, 09:56 PM
McClura
I need a new barrel, fitted with a break installed and the wrench.
I have talked with Gary the new owner several times but he is either hurt or in some delema.
I will try a few more times.
Mike

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.
June 06, 2016, 08:41 AM
Yel95
Yes, it had the 45-70 barrel on it when I bought it. I found it on gunbroker.