Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp100r's? Login/Join 

posted
A question for the gang here...

What do you feel is an honest value for a repeater model in 35Rem? Its used but 98% and has open sights as well. I don't see many in the 35.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posts: 114 | Location: Ks | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
I feel they have less value than the midgrip guns myself, somewhere in the $400 to $500 range.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
For some reason gunbroker prices are crazy on 100R's and not seeing any bids. That being said I've noticed they go pretty quickly around here when available for $700-$900. Personally $600 to $700 would be my limit.

2cents

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
I had a new, in the box, unfired except at the factory with all of the paper work a couple of years back in .35 Rem. I had a XP100R in 260 and never thought about a custom build so I sold it on here for $500. It hung around in the classifieds for about a week. I wouldn't take for my .260. You should get it and if you don't like the .35 you can have a new barrel installed pretty reasonable. I wish I had one in .243 because the rear grip works great off of my shooting bench I take for prairie dogs and coyotes.
Good luck.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add my 35 rem XP-100R is one of my most accurate XP's.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Im looking at selling one. I did manage to look it up in the blue book and they are right up there with any XP. I can guarantee I wont let it go for $4-$500. Even at 90% they are at $750 and mine is better than 95% which is at $850. I know the book numbers arent always in line with real life numbers either...

Posts: 114 | Location: Ks | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the sale. I've never paid more than $600 for an original XP, and that was mint and I still felt I overpaid. I don't care for rear grips and book be what it may, I sure wouldn't pay more than 5 bills for one but I'm sure someone will ;-)

thumbup Rod

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well Rod , it sounds like you are doing better than most I see. Maybe you are in an area with more xp's but it's sure not like that where Im at.

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
It's so varied around my area. I only have one in .260. I paid 700 for mine and feel I didn't get robbed as it came with a target turret burris 3-12. But the barrel needed to be replaced so it was a bit of a wash. That being said, I like centergrips more, however, with the the new shilen it's one of the more accurate rigs I own. Good luck.

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
I paid 700 for mine and feel I didn't get robbed as it came with a target turret burris 3-12.

So you paid about $400 + or - for the actual gun. That is about right with my reconning. I have bought many pistols with scopes and always come out better in the end that way.

thumbup Rod

posted Hide Post
Just an update if anyone is interested...

I called Remington about the XP and was told it was a custom shop repeater model , McMillan kevlar stock. Found a buyer pretty fast at $850. Lower than the book value but also did ok for what I had in it. Buyer and seller both happy equals a pretty fair deal. I replaced it with a like new silhouette model in another 35Rem. Couldn't pass it up and I prefer the center grip models anyway. Plus I have a couple of extra laminated thumbhole stocks and will put the new 35 in one of them.

posted Hide Post
i paid $650 for my like new 260r and thought it was fair.aint no way you will get a xpr for $400 except from a crack head. Only way Id pay $700-$800 for a center grip would be in a LNIB .223 black stock model.always wanted one...maybe one day

Posts: 1149 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I agree about the $400 Xp...even a $500 one. Sure there are deals out there once in a blue moon but they don't come along very often. Good luck finding an action for that price anymore. I believe for the most part the days of cheap xp's are gone. People see the blue book on these plus what places online like gunbroker bring for them and everyone thinks they have that high dollar peice. Gunbroker and others have been good as far as finding something with a national audience but bad for prices if you are a buyer. Granted , some of the asking prices online are rediculous and they will be for sale for a long time. Those sellers are just fishing for a sucker. If you like xp's and are wanting one , you'll have to pony up though. I have not even seen one at a show for under $800 in I don't know how many years now. It has been about 25 years now since I paid less than $500. That was for my first 221.

But like what was said earlier here , finding one with a decent scope helps take the actual gun down a bit if you have a use for what is incuded in the sale. Other extras that will get my attention are old hard to find scope bases , certain sights,and certain stocks. An aftermarket thumbhole in good shape to me is easily factored in at a value of another $150.

Sorry for rambling but talking about xp's is fun!

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
When you ask for opinions on value don't expect all of them to coincide with your's or other's. Some folks have more dollars than sense. Some folks must work within budget parameters. I am not "addicted" to XP's and have many other handgun interests. While it is true that they are not going to get any cheaper since nobody is making them any more, there are sensible deals to be had for those who are patient and persistant. I am glad the sale went so well and both are happy with the result. But, if it's gonna cost me $850 for an XP, mid or rear grip, I will find something else to scratch that itch ;-)

thumbup Rod

posted Hide Post
All I can say Rod is I wish I saw cheap xp's around here like you do in your area! I've been in Ks for 8 years now and have never seen one at a show or advertised locally. Have to go to the Tulsa show to find them and they are all way overpriced there too. So that leaves a guy like me scrounging the internet to find what deals I can...

posted Hide Post
like it was said..some folks are just cheap! Big Grin

Posts: 1149 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabus:
like it was said..some folks are just cheap! Big Grin

I believe "frugal" is more appropriate ;-)

thumbup Rod

posted Hide Post
I think frugal is a good word! I also think most of us are. Who doesn't want to find that gem for way less than you think it is worth! But there are times when after looking and waiting for too long for that deal to come along , a fella has to pay to play. To an extent it is ok to do that once in a while and it is more fun playing with that new toy than looking at pictures if one or seeing it in the case at the local shop every time you are there.