Specialty Pistols
rest finally finished

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/1690067786

July 27, 2017, 04:57 PM
Barnabus
rest finally finished
after fooling with a Sinclair rest and a rear bag i finally bought a Farley and had a rear bag set up built and mounted to a pc of 7075 Al.i had it CNC machined and indicated so eveything is in line so the gun tracks the same everytime.Love the way my 30BR rides the rig.Rest weighs 75lbs and gun is 23.5lbs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Barnabus,
July 27, 2017, 06:30 PM
rickiesrevenge
Is that wood or a sand bag under the rear grip?

Aaron
July 27, 2017, 07:48 PM
Leupold Man
Looks like it works well Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
July 27, 2017, 08:26 PM
Barnabus
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Is that wood or a sand bag under the rear grip?

Aaron

its a standard sandbag
July 27, 2017, 08:51 PM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:

A true bench set-up.
NICE!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
August 01, 2017, 11:33 PM
Sasuuatch
really nice looking, what did you find wrong with the Sinclar rest? I only ask because I can't afford the Farley and am looking into the Sinclar. I also might add, that I am not a competition shooter.

---------------------------------
"All your skill is to no avail when an Angel ****es in your touch hole". :Old German hunters quote.
August 02, 2017, 07:00 AM
Barnabus
quote:
Originally posted by Sasuuatch:
really nice looking, what did you find wrong with the Sinclar rest? I only ask because I can't afford the Farley and am looking into the Sinclar. I also might add, that I am not a competition shooter.

for me the rear screw is so sloppy that when you walk it up from say a bottom target it would walk to the left sometimes off the paper target alltogether which then caused me to adjust the top to bring it back over. For tracking a pistol its not ideal,i only use it now for sighting in hunting guns and ARs.
August 02, 2017, 12:00 PM
cletus
Its the joy stick that sets this style of rest apart from the others . Very easy to hold on target. No squeezing or fiddling with the rear bag. Bruce
August 02, 2017, 12:52 PM
Ernie
Joystick rest are kind of addictive for bench shooting or Fclass

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
November 07, 2017, 06:14 AM
justgettinold
If you put that rear bag on a slider groove I wonder if it would qualify as a 2 piece rest?.........I may have found my winter project...... WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING RIFLES. happy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justgettinold,

An analog guy in a digital world