Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker Trigger Question Login/Join 

posted
Just bought a Striker. Turns out to be a Gen 3 trigger. Can anyone who has shot a gen 1 and a gen 3 comment about which trigger is better? It looks easy enough to create a gen 1 style trigger to replace my gen 3. But why go through the effort if the gen 3 is better?
Bought it off Gun Broker so never had a chance to try the trigger. When it first arrived the trigger was the worst I have ever used. I think it was well over 12 pounds. A little searching on the 'net and an hour work later is not closer to three, but still a lot of slop.

Posts: 8 | Location: Roswell | Registered: June 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ole95
posted Hide Post
I have 3 strikers all have the trigger set up with the roller I can never keep it straight which gen is which gen. I sure you have read the topic/ post further down from your post. I spent a lot of time working with the hinge arm triggers set ups never got the results I could with the roller trigger those Strikers found a new home I did find a roller set up ( from member here) and switched one out.
Welcome aboard to this forum and Strikers

Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
------------------------------
shoot like your life depends on it

Posts: 532 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you ole95.
Gen 1 has the roller. Not sure about gen 2. Gen 3 has a sort of teeter totter that pivots on the bottom of the magazine. The teeter totter only goes around one side of the rear action screw. So the whole thing sort of torques to one side when under load. I made a new teeter totter that distributes the load evenly (it goes on both sides of the rear action screw.
Looking at the Gen 1 set up, it looks better but more expensive to produce.
Now that you have confirmed my suspicion, I will try to make something closer to the gen 1 with the roller.

Posts: 8 | Location: Roswell | Registered: June 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
chilehead hello i just bought a 510 striker yesterday and was wanting to no what the action screw torque setting are for the front and rear. thanks peanut

Posts: 31 | Location: jennings co. Indiana | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not positive. I think I read someone in another post say that it is "snug" but not real tight. I'm not worried about the torque yet since I still have to take it apart several more times. I already have a .243 barrel for it.

If I had to guess, the torque recommendation would be the same as Savage rifles.

posted Hide Post
Found this article. It covers both three and two screw Savage actions.\
https://www.accurateshooter.co...screw-torque-tuning/

posted Hide Post
gen 1 is the roller tipping the back of the trigger.
gen 2 is attached to the bottom of mag and tips front of trigger.
gen 3 is also attached to the mag well but the arm is sandwiched between 2 tabs.

2 and 3 can be up graded to the rifle basix by cutting the finger spur off. both can be shimmed to remove some play.
do not adj factory spring down to the point it looses the travel to fully reset the sear. instead replace with a lighter dia piano wire spring for lighter but consistent pressure.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post