Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Competitor barrel swap instructions Login/Join 

Picture of singleshotfan
posted
Checked the archives to no avail. Anyone have the barrel swap directions for the Competitor pistol barrel change over? Having trouble getting the ejector to work.
Thanks, Richard

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

Posts: 356 | Location: West Central Michigan | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are you using the correct size ejector?

Posts: 29 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of singleshotfan
posted Hide Post
I believe so. Only have two barrels. 454 casull and 22-250. It does not want to move like I think it should.

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

Posts: 356 | Location: West Central Michigan | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I can't seem to find my instruction sheet or I'd send you a copy. The 22-250 uses a M size ejector and the 454 uses a L. The ejection on the Competitors has never been strong, neither of mine will pop it clear of the action. If your trying it with an unfired case it will only move it maybe 1/4". It takes a fired case to cause it to pop out further since it will slightly stick in the chamber.

If you reload, be sure to full length resize. If the action is used to cram the round into the chamber, the action closed safety won't fully engage and the trigger won't work. My cartridge list shows the 22-250 as a 1-9 twist and the 454 as 1-14.

Posts: 29 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of singleshotfan
posted Hide Post
Good info to have. Will play with it some more this weekend.
Thanks.

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

posted Hide Post
I have what appears to be a complete set of instructions including how to swap barrels. I have no way to transmit electronically but I can probably send the page dealing with barrel change via text picture if you'd like.

Posts: 18 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of singleshotfan
posted Hide Post
A text pic will work.
Thanks Much.
Richard

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 18 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can't pm you. I need your cell # to send the text message.

Picture of singleshotfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member