Specialty Pistols
Have you seen this.........

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/1390057896

October 30, 2020, 09:32 AM
Arrowflinger
Have you seen this.........
Have you all seen this and what do you think?
This isn't just about AR and AK pistols. This could directly effect our specialty pistols.
Derek
https://youtu.be/5KpQ2VdVHaU
October 30, 2020, 09:51 AM
Hoggin
Braces will go away in the short term for sure. So will the short shotguns that sneak around the nfa.

The rapid firing triggers of various types will also go away.

From the assault weapons ban of the past there was a max weight limit on handguns. This was their way of blocking AR/AK type pistols.

The desert eagle mage it under the weight and there was an exception for non semi auto type handguns.

An assault weapons restriction/ban will take place again.....it’s just a matter of time.
October 30, 2020, 09:59 AM
Arrowflinger
Yes but it is also targeting rifle calibers bullets in handguns. Our XP's are classified as handguns. This is what has me concerned.
-Derek
October 30, 2020, 10:16 AM
Hoggin
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Yes but it is also targeting rifle calibers bullets in handguns. Our XP's are classified as handguns. This is what has me concerned.
-Derek

I’m willing to bet semi auto ends up being some key words in whatever they do.
October 30, 2020, 10:37 AM
cba257
Personally; I would not get too fired up until confirmed by more reputable sources. The ATF does nothing arbitrary. Designs are submitted for their ruling. Those rulings are at times overruled due to administration or changes to law.

What will make the most difference if a previous ATF ruling is challenged; is to contact you state representatives directly. A concise statement of what you think they should support will do more than joining an internet group.

All state representatives phone number, email, and what ever other media which they consult, can be found by a simple internet search. 2cents

Cody
October 30, 2020, 01:43 PM
skydivinghunter
This is why bump stocks ban was dangerous. Bumpstocks are dumb, just good for wasting ammo and having fun, as for precise and controlled shooting, nah.

But the way that ban was done, it is scary. They made up a definition and add it to NFA. They are now using the same principle and will not stop.

I hope that I am wrong but this won't be really solved until ATF is abolished and NFA and GCA appealed. And politicians won't do that regardless of party. For NFA they had many opportunities with a majority in the House and Senate and president and they did nothing.

I agree with Chris, another "assault weapon" ban will happen, it is a matter of time.
October 30, 2020, 01:45 PM
LoneStar
quote:
.....The ATF does nothing arbitrary. Designs are submitted for their ruling....

Clearly not true, they make arbitrary rulings all the time. Here is just one recent example:

https://www.personaldefensewor...f-pistol-brace-case/

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith
October 30, 2020, 03:00 PM
Magnum Mike
I'm not concerning myself with any of this garbage as it's all political. Holdover's from the obomba administration, in the atf, are attempting to steer people to vote for biden, they think this move will negatively effect Trump.

Let's see the outcome of the election, then we can concern ourselves with this stupidity...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

October 31, 2020, 03:17 AM
Predator_huntin
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
I'm not concerning myself with any of this garbage as it's all political. Holdover's from the obomba administration, in the atf, are attempting to steer people to vote for biden, they think this move will negatively effect Trump.

Let's see the outcome of the election, then we can concern ourselves with this stupidity...

I agree 100% with Mike...purely a ploy to sway voters...

Chris
November 01, 2020, 03:44 PM
Knucklehead 61
Agree with M Mike. Probably a political gambit from the swamp.
However, elections have consequences. If you haven't already voted, get your bum to the polls and vote. Even if you have to take the day off.