Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you seen this......... Login/Join 

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted
Have you all seen this and what do you think?
This isn't just about AR and AK pistols. This could directly effect our specialty pistols.
Derek
https://youtu.be/5KpQ2VdVHaU

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Braces will go away in the short term for sure. So will the short shotguns that sneak around the nfa.

The rapid firing triggers of various types will also go away.

From the assault weapons ban of the past there was a max weight limit on handguns. This was their way of blocking AR/AK type pistols.

The desert eagle mage it under the weight and there was an exception for non semi auto type handguns.

An assault weapons restriction/ban will take place again.....it’s just a matter of time.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Yes but it is also targeting rifle calibers bullets in handguns. Our XP's are classified as handguns. This is what has me concerned.
-Derek

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Yes but it is also targeting rifle calibers bullets in handguns. Our XP's are classified as handguns. This is what has me concerned.
-Derek

I’m willing to bet semi auto ends up being some key words in whatever they do.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Personally; I would not get too fired up until confirmed by more reputable sources. The ATF does nothing arbitrary. Designs are submitted for their ruling. Those rulings are at times overruled due to administration or changes to law.

What will make the most difference if a previous ATF ruling is challenged; is to contact you state representatives directly. A concise statement of what you think they should support will do more than joining an internet group.

All state representatives phone number, email, and what ever other media which they consult, can be found by a simple internet search. 2cents

Cody

Posts: 629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is why bump stocks ban was dangerous. Bumpstocks are dumb, just good for wasting ammo and having fun, as for precise and controlled shooting, nah.

But the way that ban was done, it is scary. They made up a definition and add it to NFA. They are now using the same principle and will not stop.

I hope that I am wrong but this won't be really solved until ATF is abolished and NFA and GCA appealed. And politicians won't do that regardless of party. For NFA they had many opportunities with a majority in the House and Senate and president and they did nothing.

I agree with Chris, another "assault weapon" ban will happen, it is a matter of time.

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....The ATF does nothing arbitrary. Designs are submitted for their ruling....

Clearly not true, they make arbitrary rulings all the time. Here is just one recent example:

https://www.personaldefensewor...f-pistol-brace-case/

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 977 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I'm not concerning myself with any of this garbage as it's all political. Holdover's from the obomba administration, in the atf, are attempting to steer people to vote for biden, they think this move will negatively effect Trump.

Let's see the outcome of the election, then we can concern ourselves with this stupidity...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19848 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
I'm not concerning myself with any of this garbage as it's all political. Holdover's from the obomba administration, in the atf, are attempting to steer people to vote for biden, they think this move will negatively effect Trump.

Let's see the outcome of the election, then we can concern ourselves with this stupidity...

I agree 100% with Mike...purely a ploy to sway voters...

Chris

Posts: 683 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
Agree with M Mike. Probably a political gambit from the swamp.
However, elections have consequences. If you haven't already voted, get your bum to the polls and vote. Even if you have to take the day off.

Posts: 89 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post