Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage striker bolt face Login/Join 

posted
where are you guys getting you bolt faces.I have a 22-250 striker that I think I want to change to a 223 bolt face.

Scott

Posts: 558 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Surely someone here will have a 223 bolt for a trade.

Larry

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
savage bolt head

Rick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rick....I thought the firing pin holes were different sizes. I was reading that savage had made changes some years ago the new ones have a smaller diameter firing pin and cross pin holes was also smaller. I could be wrong but I believe mine has the larger pin...can't remember the exact specs

Scott

Posts: 558 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Scott,

get a hold of these guys http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Fred will be able to answer all your questions and has the bolt heads for sale as well. I was thinking the Midway one was the older model but could be wrong.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thumbup thx

Scott

posted Hide Post
Numrich normally has bolt heads in stock:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/g...tevspgfld/rifles-sav

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ole95
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Grizzly I was told it's made by PTG it stopped the primer flow problem I was having. it was a little stiff until I polished it up

Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
------------------------------
shoot like your life depends on it

Posts: 532 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post