Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question of the year! Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
How much money has Talking to Ernie Bishop cost you? laugh

Question:
How much money has talking to Ernie bishop cost you?

Choices:
None (your fibbing)
Well I could have paid off the house
My bank account is empty and I’m eating ramen
The wife left and took the dog
I’d rather not say.....it’s that bad

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We I haven’t spoken directly to Ernie but his McMillan group buy cost me plenty. I’m afraid to think what it could cost after a phone call or two.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
He earned the name the great enabler for a reason Troll

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of straight8
posted Hide Post
None, cause I'm left speechless when I see his guns and the way he shoots. O

------------------------------
XP's: 223, 250AI, 308 Imp, 375/350, 416 Whammy, 458X2"
Contender: 22LR, 375 JDJ, 500 HWP
Encore: 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 375 H&H, 340 WBY, 416 Taylor, 450 Alaskan, 500 Linebaugh
Semi: 45acp, 460 Rowland

Posts: 1141 | Location: "Y" City, Arkansas | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I can't blame Ernie,

I did it all to myself. ohboy

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very good topic!
You know if we Had pooled all those funds we could have rebuilt a third world country and got them solvent for the rest of time Big Grin
All kidding aside,be very careful if you get the chance to shoot one of Ernie’s guns,the hook will be set forever O
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Well, I wake up and see this.... happy Troll

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Thanks a lot Ernie, is my first thought. I was soo happy with my Contenders & Encores. Shot them happily for years, but after building my first XP (to take to WY-Shot), OMG!

Making hits with my 6BR pistol at just over 900yds, (w/Ernies 6XC farther), priceless.

Thanks A Lot Ernie!!

Mike B
Downey,CA

ps: a 72yd Squeeker with a G26 was pretty satisfying in a another way.

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HandCanonShootr:
Yeah, Thanks a lot Ernie, is my first thought. I was soo happy with my Contenders & Encores. Shot them happily for years, but after building my first XP (to take to WY-Shot), OMG!

Making hits with my 6BR pistol at just over 900yds, (w/Ernies 6XC farther), priceless.

Thanks A Lot Ernie!!

Mike B
Downey,CA

ps: a 72yd Squeeker with a G26 was pretty satisfying in a another way.

You are welcome!

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are we talking what I directly paid him by buying things directly from him or proxy by building things to keep up with him

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Well now. Lets see..................
When we went to Wyshot 2017. We had a total of 4 specialty pistols. One of those being a Contender. As of now we have 12 including the 6.5 Saum being built by Mike Able. And I no longer have a Contender.
Hello, My name is Derek and I have a problem !
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
By the poll it looks like Ernie deserves the name the great enabler. Troll

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
I’m still trying to figure out how to slip it past the bookkeeper as “farm equipment” or “repairs”. Big Grin

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duffy:
I’m still trying to figure out how to slip it past the bookkeeper as “farm equipment” or “repairs”. Big Grin

Chris could probably invoice it as varmint eradication equipment.

BTW My "bookkeeper" is by profession a bookkeeper.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
We I haven’t spoken directly to Ernie but his McMillan group buy cost me plenty. I’m afraid to think what it could cost after a phone call or two.

Me too!
Eek

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was rich when I 1st met him since maybe ~1984, and I'm living on the street begging for any freebie I can get now.

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Well now. Lets see..................
When we went to Wyshot 2017. We had a total of 4 specialty pistols. One of those being a Contender. As of now we have 12 including the 6.5 Saum being built by Mike Able. And I no longer have a Contender.
Hello, My name is Derek and I have a problem !
Derek >>>---------->

Thanks Derek, I showed your post to my SO, as proof that I had not gone too far in my SP collection. Currently resisting using a stock from the rear grip buy as a new build, instead of replacing a current stock on my 6BR SP.

Barely leaves room ($$) for other Weapons/collections, let alone motorcycles & travel.

Mike B

ps: also resisting 10mm SemiAutos, a newer motorcycle, not to mention CRK Sebenza Knives. Yikes!

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
grave digging, but nothing has changed but the names of and the number of supporters (addicts) Ernie has that help enable others!

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
So, if we are opening this old wound! I have two builds in the works and another one on the way. This will make 15! 15! I must be crazy.
I'm pretty sure I'll have to sell a kidney soon. Hey eating is over rated.
They say riding a bike is good for your health. If I sell the Jeep and ride a bike. I can be to work in just under an hour. Sure I could use new clothes, but if I keep wearing my Day on the green and Metallica T shirts some people would say its retro and therefore cool!
"Hi my name is Derek and I have a problem" All together now because you know you are all there with me.............Hello Derek
Derek >>>----------->

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
You guys are too much Big Grin

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Don't fall for it people. Hoggin is just trying to place the blame on Ernie.
I've never talked to Ernie but always see Hoggin's pics of some fine looking
projects he's built. I think more than a couple of us drool over.
You know what they say " A picture is worth a thousand dollars words"
Nice try Hoggin laugh

Scott

Posts: 557 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I can't lay ALL the blame on Ernie. There was nmhunter, tgp, McClura, dant staight8, semperfi and whole lot more I can't remember. Yes my house would be paid for if I hadn't gone down this path.

Rick

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
PA Mike is another one. I mean the hard press he puts on a guy. “Hey Derek I have a ......... for sale. Do you want it? The pressure is almost too much to bare!!!
hammer
Derek.