Discussion on it starts at about 4:25

Wink

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

November 02, 2018, 03:06 AM
snowsnake
Not too bad but im not a fan of the magazine setup.
November 02, 2018, 10:37 AM
kv
Cool! Certainly looks different, but I think it would work well for a p-dog gun. I hope they make a left handed version! Would be nice to get a smaller mag for deer and such.
November 02, 2018, 06:06 PM
HotRodAl
Maybe they will make some with their new single shot action and remove the magazine well.

Albert
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran
November 02, 2018, 06:41 PM
snowsnake
Kinda wondered why they didn't use the Model 7 action.
November 02, 2018, 08:16 PM
Historicfirearms
I like it. The magazine is a bit obnoxious. Maybe someone will come up with a 75 round drum magazine LoL. Seriously, I'd like one in 223 with a nice bipod. It should be a fine shooter.

Mike
November 02, 2018, 10:57 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by snowsnake:
Kinda wondered why they didn't use the Model 7 action.
bcuz the chassis is 700 only. Wink

mike

November 03, 2018, 11:11 AM
Mike72
Doesn't look bad, wonder what pricing is going to be like.
November 03, 2018, 12:16 PM
Magnum Mike
It'll probably be in the same range as the rifle, around $1k msrp.

mike

November 03, 2018, 12:36 PM
Nitemann
Hopefully the hand guard is removable and a shorter magazine length option. If so one would probably find its way to my safe. Did they say when they would be available?

Rick
November 03, 2018, 02:26 PM
Mike72
It looks to be AI pattern mags, which they make flush fitted ones for that I believe the capacity is 3 for the flush ones for a 308.
November 03, 2018, 02:33 PM
mark hampton
MSRP - $1020. Three choices - 300 BLK, .223, .308 Win. Barrel length on the 308 is 12.5", on the other two - 10.5" Got one coming for review but not excited about barrel length.
November 03, 2018, 05:19 PM
Nitemann
Mark, Not crazy about barrel length either. What caliber are you getting to test?
November 03, 2018, 06:29 PM
paperpuncher
not a big fan of it but at least it's another option for us.

Scott
November 03, 2018, 07:03 PM
mark hampton
Nitemann, Either 223 or 308. Not sure when to expect arrival.
November 03, 2018, 07:37 PM
DAN L
WOW
First impression is neat
300 Blackout sounds awesome
I do not care for the magazine or barrel length
I assume, there is no way I will ever see one in CA
Look forward to see write ups on one

DAN
November 03, 2018, 08:58 PM
Nitemann
Does Remington ever ask for feed back from the buying public in what we want before coming out with new items? I can see how they probably saw how well the SBR's with 10.5" barrels sell and it may be the ticket for a lot of people. If they do have flush fitting mags, removable hand guard and the 300 BO had the 12.5" barrel I would still be tempted.

Rick
November 03, 2018, 10:16 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
MSRP - $1020. Three choices - 300 BLK, .223, .308 Win. Barrel length on the 308 is 12.5", on the other two - 10.5" Got one coming for review but not excited about barrel length.
Thanks for the info! The video doesn't give the important details.

Shocked that they went 12.5" with the 308, for that matter with the 223, too. I would have expected at least 14" or maybe 15" (14 7/8") like the xp100r. The short barrel on the 300BLK makes complete sense as most ate looking for subsonic.

Looking forward to reading your experience with it.

mike

November 03, 2018, 11:21 PM
waterdog
I'll have to have a 308 in it.

If it follows a normal 700 set up it would be easy enough into make into a very nice handgun. For me it would be something along the old xp100R.
November 05, 2018, 08:15 AM
Viper225
It is obvious that none of the decision makers on this project are handgun hunters. The short barrel may work ok on a 300 BO. I would not want anything shorter than 14 inch on a 223, 243, 260, 7-08, or 308.
I am not impressed with the Chassis at all either.
I am not sure what market they are targeting with a TactiCool Bolt Action Pistol.
I am sure that I will get to see one when Mark gets his test gun in hand. I may be more impressed when I get to see it in person.

Bob R

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Viper225,
November 05, 2018, 05:34 PM
Magnum Mike
It's a step in the right direction. At least Remington has realized that handgunners want a bolt action pistol. Hopefully Remington will listen to the feedback from the consumers and then modify their offering.

Chassis' are all the rage right now, like it or not. This is nothing more than a modification of their chassis rifle that's obviously easy for them to source.

I'm am really scratching my head as to barrel lengths. I have to believe someone did research which prompted their choices. I'd just like to know where their data came from! laugh

I'm interested in one but not so much in the current configuration or having to rebarrel right outta the chute!

mike

November 12, 2018, 07:06 PM
Magnum Mike
https://www.tactical-life.com/...-model-700cp-pistol/

mike

November 12, 2018, 09:39 PM
old leghumper
Did they do any marketing research first? fugly

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
November 12, 2018, 10:32 PM
KYODE
Im amazed really. Its 2018.....n they have no clue. Article mike posted, the guy says MUST use a pistol scope. hammer 10.5” barrels ohboy might be a nice option for adding a suppressor and still maintain a short overall length......but that doesnt interest me. A 15” .223 or numerous other cartridges MIGHT.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA
November 12, 2018, 10:43 PM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:
Im amazed really. Its 2018.....n they have no clue. Article mike posted, the guy says MUST use a pistol scope. hammer 10.5” barrels ohboy might be a nice option for adding a suppressor and still maintain a short overall length......but that doesnt interest me. A 15” .223 or numerous other cartridges MIGHT.

My response to the author:
"Thanks for the article Robert. Let me say this though, a good rifle scope is much more versatile than a long eye relief (LER/EER) pistol scope. Accuracy potential is the same as and equal to a equal quality rifle. You would not lose 50%, IF Remington would have done it right. Stupid short lengths for these cartridges with the exception to the BO. If you run a 14" to under 16" barrel on it you will be about 200-300 fps slower than the same chambering in rifle lengths. After the 221 Fireball came out in the first XP-100, specialty pistols (By Remington and others) were more typically in 14-15 inch barrel lengths. I am glad Remington did this, but they sure didn't consult those who shoot, compete and hunt with these on a regular basis."

Hopefully, Mark's input to Remington will help them make some changes.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
November 13, 2018, 06:45 AM
KYODE
Be nice IF they listen and adapt. Msrp$ is not that bad in todays world. They might sell several more with longer barrels. Who wouldnt add 6.5 creedmoor to todays market as well.

------------------------

Join the NRA
November 14, 2018, 05:36 PM
shutupandhunt
Realistically what’s the effective range with a 12.5 inch barrel in 308 for hunting?
November 14, 2018, 06:05 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by shutupandhunt:
Realistically what’s the effective range with a 12.5 inch barrel in 308 for hunting?
imho, you'll definitely have to go with bullets in the 125 grain range to get decent expansion but realistically, that still won't give you great long range capability... Sad

mike

November 14, 2018, 06:07 PM
Magnum Mike
Once again, imho, the first thing you'd want to do is rebarrel it.

mike

November 15, 2018, 06:35 PM
Ernie
A better chassis design would be something along the lines of the MDT LSS chassis.
more functional forend, and the back end of it could be bobbed/cut-off to have a better line as well.
https://mdttac.com/products/lss-chassis-system

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
November 16, 2018, 12:30 AM
Iowa Fox
It might not be perfect in the eyes of the experienced guys here but I'll give Remington a lot of credit for dipping their toe into this market and bringing some new blood into specialty pistols aimed at today's new generation. I'm wondering how the tubular forend is attached? Two screws in the bottom of the short forend are clearly visible. I'm not sure how the back of the forend is attached at the action. Thinking of AR forends and Remage barrels do you suppose Remington might have attached the barrel with a nut using external threads for the forend to screw onto? If it is I can see brisk sales as the guys will like swapping barrels with a wrench, triggers with a pin punch, and they make some really nice target AR pistol grips. It also looks like possibly the forend is attached to the chassis via screws which would make sense from a manufacturing standpoint. That would make it easy to swap forends.

Mark I'll be anxiously awaiting your review with details on Remington's new handgun. I hope you will hone your word smith skills and give a new generation the Bob Milek inspiration.

Jon
November 16, 2018, 05:29 AM
shutupandhunt
I think I’m going to end up with one of these, even if I have it rebarreled. I know my son would be all over this. He has enjoyed shooting my pistols in the past but always makes the comments about it being a single shot and you need to get something with a magazine.
November 16, 2018, 06:35 AM
KYODE
True!.......its not ALL bad. It will be available. That is a big step. For those few that have capability to rebarrel themselves, want to use as is, or for the guys with so much money their pockets are busting at their seams....they can build from it.

------------------------

Join the NRA
November 17, 2018, 05:07 PM
smoken44
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
quote:
Originally posted by shutupandhunt:
imho, you'll definitely have to go with bullets in the 125 grain range to get decent expansion but realistically, that still won't give you great long range capability... Sad

Speer 150 blk gold dot expand down to 1600 fps. Bonded core, BC in the .400 range.
In a 16" 300 blk 700 aac-sd I'm getting 2150 fps and 1/2 moa with 1680...mild pressure.
12.5" 308 you should be able to get 2450 fps. Thats well over 300 yds. L to R 1800, 1700, 1600 fps

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smoken44,
November 18, 2018, 06:42 PM
Damon
Funny to cruise the tactical forums. See their responses. They have no clue what this is

" A bad day of hand gunning is better than a Good day of rifleing" Me
November 20, 2018, 01:28 PM
shutupandhunt
So much hate going on over on arfcom on this
November 22, 2018, 11:09 AM
TXBRASS
Looks a LOT like the 700 Cyclops I built 3 years ago. Just didn’t fit my feel with grip length and weight, but my hat is off to Rem for at least taking a step into the SP world again. This day and age, companies don’t ask input from hunters or shooters....they ALWAYS KNOW BEST..

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -
November 26, 2018, 06:26 PM
shutupandhunt
Talked to my dealer today. They said there rep says it will run around the $850 price range.