Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with xp Login/Join 

posted
I know this should probably be in the hunting section, but I believe more people will see it here. Chris at baysde made me a assume 6.5 creedmoor and I was suppose do a texas aoudad hunt in February, but my buddy's bailed. That being said, I have the money set back for a hunt somewhere. I prefer not to have to be drawn for a tag. Looking for something that do have on wall, I already have whitetail, bears, hogs, javalina, turkeys, most with archery equipment. It's that time of year, when sitting at home thinking of hunting. My budget is about 3,000. Hopefully you guys and gals can thing of some game to hunt. Has anyone ever planned a group hunt on here.

Thanks. J.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Mule Deer and or Antelope would be a good addition.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
A diy lope hunt would be cheap with good draw odds

Posts: 4008 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A antelope hunt would be a good thing, I found a archery hunt for under 2k. What would gun run. I like the idea of a mule deer also.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Diy.

300 ish for a tag. Plus hotel and food

Posts: 4008 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Jay,

we used to have a group hunt every year in Casper, Wyoming for antelope. Usually had a fair number of guys show up and it was a great time. The ranch we hunted on has had some changes with the owner passing away. Not sure what its like now or if even an option. I know most people that go now are hunting elsewhere. A group combo mule deer/ antelope would be fun.

Rick

Posts: 3534 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A group hunt would be fun, mule deer, antelope, hogs, or about anything. A group hunt is more about fellowship. Just need to keep reasonable.

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
If you still want TX, a Nilgai or Axis would be easily in your price range. Free range, no tag, and no season.

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I love Texas, I've been to Carta Valley twice for aoudad with bow, now I'm smarter, I'm taking a XP.
Hunted javalina in Laredo with bow, a total blast. One of the most enjoyable hunts I have ever been on.
We we're suspost to be near Rocksprings, last week for aoudad, but everyone bailed. So yes I'm up for Texas, but it would have to be aoudad or axis.

posted Hide Post
I would think javelina with archery would be dangerous!

Posts: 17 | Location: northern NV | Registered: March 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4570 hunter:
I love Texas, I've been to Carta Valley twice for aoudad with bow, now I'm smarter, I'm taking a XP.
Hunted javalina in Laredo with bow, a total blast. One of the most enjoyable hunts I have ever been on.
We we're suspost to be near Rocksprings, last week for aoudad, but everyone bailed. So yes I'm up for Texas, but it would have to be aoudad or axis.

Sad to say, but you are going to be hard-pressed to stay within budget for an Aoudad these days in TX....

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Texas offers the NR hunter the most bang for the buck. OTC license and lots of targets.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are tons of options for exotics in Texas to fit your budget. Blackbuck, fallow, audad, axis, Sitka. Several types of rams. Texas will definitely have a lot options. Go look at flying A ranch out of bandera tx. They have the biggest animals and prices are good and success is good. They are right across the highway from my place and I’m buddies with one of the managers and am really impressed with their animals.

Posts: 28 | Location: Bandera, Tx | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post