Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker Pistol stock Login/Join 

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted
Hey gang,
I'm new to the sight. Not new to bolt pistols. I have shot XP's for years. I just bought a Custom striker that was posted on here years ago. I am looking for a new stock. This is a bench rest gun. So I really like the aluminum stocks out there. I just don't know where to find one.
I would also like to convert the pistol from mid to rear trigger. Any information on these to subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SP! There is a link to Accurate rifle systems on the to of the page. They make pistol frames also. You can also contact 7Fingers here on SP and he may have what you are looking for. Both make quality frames for Savage pistols. As for changing from center grip to rear grip I will let one of our resident gunsmiths chime in on that.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you Leupold,
I appreciate it and will take a look at those.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
XLT is another modular chassis.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To change a 'pistol" frame to a rifle frame to get a rear trigger pistol would require you to butcher/destroy a Striker pistol. The pistols have a value and following all their own. A converted Striker mid trigger is a common 110 Savage. A pistol will set you back a grand and a used 110 might go for a couple hundred (though it is worth more) Why do that? And the 110 will require less Gun Smithing than a Striker. You should be able to get three 110's in trade for that Striker.

Just say'n

Posts: 34 | Location: Eugene, Orygun | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
might add that you just can't change any rifle to a "pistol" legally. You need to get an unlicensed/unregistered/new action and register it as a "pistol" and then that can be converted back and forth to a rifle and pistol legally. Flexibility.

Sharp Shooters Supply sells them and the best, I think, is the Single Shot Stainless with the right bolt and l/r feed. Get him to time it for you before delivery. Velvet smooth. Good luck.

John

Posts: 34 | Location: Eugene, Orygun | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To change a striker to rear grip, simply remove the center linkage system and put a normal trigger sear in place of the striker conversion. No damage done. No value lost if you retain the old parts. Rifle basix makes an easy to install replacement trigger for savage with a coil spring in place of the savage wire spring resulting in lower pull weight with more reliable reset.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Avenger!
That is what I was looking for. This is the Striker I want to convert to a rear trigger. 6mm BR. Shoots great but the trigger breaks at 2-1/2 lbs. I want it down to 1 to 1-1/4 lbs.

https://static.wixstatic.com/m...bba54bcde90b~mv2.jpg

posted Hide Post
Arrow,

That is just one beautiful pistol. Fantastic. I have my gen 1 Striker trigger adjusted to just under one pound. Mine has two trigger bars running from the sear to the trigger and I think the others use a single bar.

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post

6.5x47 Lapua

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you Johned. I Like the pistol. But want to convert to rear trigger and aluminum chassis.
Fingers. That is beautiful. I talked to you on the phone last week about a stock for this Striker. Did you get my e-mail?

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
No I didn't, my e-mail is wise.randy@yahoo.com

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arrow,

You are certainly welcome. I was trying to be helpful and avenger's info was new to me. My Striker has a 1 pound trigger and leaves nothing to be desired for light bench and target.

I think there is still a legality issue but I don't know for sure. Used to be that if you put a long barrel or rifle stock on a pistol then that pistol was locked into staying a rifle. That has changed and i registered my 12 action so i could change it from a pistol to a rifle and back. I know you didn't say you were going to change the trigger to the rear and add a "rifle" bench stock. That changing reg issue opened a lot of doors.

How much do you want for your "blue pistol stock"? Would you be willing to lend it to a certified stock maker to have a duplicate made?

Thanks,

John

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hi Johned,
It's good to hear from you. I ended up putting a Accurate rifle systems pistol stock and a Rifle basics SAV-2 on the 6mm Br set at 8 ounces. It's shooting in the 3's with factory Lapua 105's. Can't wait to load for it.
As for the Blue stock? I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep it or not. I want to build a 22BR or PPC. If anyone out here has a barreled action for sale I am interested. Xp100 or Striker.
Make me an offer on the stock. It is a heavy bench stock. Not sue of the weight but I could get that for you. With action and scope it weighed 16 lbs.
Thanks

posted Hide Post
Arrow,

Break my heart! I just found your reply and offer quite by accident. I am interested in your stock...at least. Is it holding a Gen 1 Stryker?

Email would be better at jegrabe@gmail.com or even 541 915 0832

Hope you get this or someone can pass the message.

I tried to send Arrow a PM but he wasn't allowed to receive those. SAY WHAT?

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hi Johned
I sent the stock off to another member. Sorry about that. I was helping him get started on a new 6BR build. I am very happy with my 7 fingers stock though. Can't wait to stretch out her legs at WyShot next year.