Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need some Bolt Pistol Measurements… Login/Join 

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted
Good morning gentlemen,

In relation to a current project I have going, I need some short action bolt pistol measurements if anyone would be so kind to help me out. I’m curious as to what your overall length is with your barrel length

From my web research for factory guns:

Center grip XP100 with a 14” barrel is about 18” overall
Rear grip XP100-R with a 14.5” barrel is 24.5” overall
Savage Striker with a 14” barrel is 22.25” overall

I’m curious what your lengths are on custom Remington 700 short action builds and if anyone has done a custom build on a Savage short action.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris

Posts: 644 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The center grip pistols I have built on 700 short actions with 16 inch barrels and muzzle breaks run about 24 inches overall

Posts: 17 | Location: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My center grip with 16" barrel and muzzle brake is about 24" and the rear grip factory barrel with muzzle brake about 25" looks like it should be about 23" to the end of the barrel minus the brake.

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BruceP,

Posts: 1073 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate it.

Anyone got a Rem 700 or Savage short action rear grip barrel & overall length measurements you would want to share?

Chris

Posts: 644 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Both my rear grip XP with Lee six stock are 28 inches with 16 inch barrel
My stolle Cub is 32 inches with 19 inch barrel

Dan

Posts: 732 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris. Just an FYI I had to edit and correct my post because I had put center grip instead of rear grip on one of mine.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Chris

posted Hide Post
Savage short PTA action,rear grip laminate stock 16" barrel,JP brake,28 1/4".
Same barreled action in a 7 fingers rear grip stock,ergo palm grip 28 1/2"

Posts: 28 | Location: kansas | Registered: November 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoof hearted:
Savage short PTA action,rear grip laminate stock 16" barrel,JP brake,28 1/4".
Same barreled action in a 7 fingers rear grip stock,ergo palm grip 28 1/2"

Thanks hoof!

Chris