Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HARD CASE FOR STRIKER Login/Join 

posted
Can someone recommend a hard case big enough to hold a Striker with a big scope?
Lower cost is better for me.
Thanks;
joe b.

Posts: 79 | Location: United States | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Joe, The best case I have found for the money is the Plano # 108364. Its extra tough and they are about 65 bucks if you shop around right now. One of the members here found them a couple years ago on a black Friday sale for 30 some dollars at his Walmart. Walmarts around here don't even stock them. Plano makes the same case with a red carryng handle but I don't have the number in front of me for that one.

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Academy 2 piece shotgun case.

Larry

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Go to a local goodwill store or similar, find a hard sided suitcase of the appropriate size. Foam padding can be gotton at Walmart Total cost can be less then $10. I have been doing it this way for years. Bonus depending on size selected you can construct internals to old ammo , extra barrels, imagination is all it takes.

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A lot of guys are using AR-15 style cases,if memory serves Plano makes an affordable model.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Joe B,
What's this case going to be used for? Will the use include airline travel?

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks to all.
I'm off to the Goodwill store.
Hard cases seem to run just under $100 delivered.
I don't hunt or travel in planes with a gun, just to the range and home.
The scoped Striker is sorta ungainly, needs a hard case.
A suitcase will do the job.
Thanks again;
joe b.

Posts: 79 | Location: United States | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm considering getting one of these to store my new 308 Striker, and my Ruger Redhawk. It's going to need some custom foam work, but that's okay, the Striker will fit..

http://www.tzcases.com/tz-tzm-0025-gun-case.htm

Posts: 2 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: December 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post