Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highest priced XP you've seen Login/Join 

posted
I was at a local fun store the other day and couldn't help but drool over an XP 100 but his price was a little too inflated. So with that being said I was wandering what is the highest price you've seen on a bone stock XP? This one was $1499. He also has a Striker at $999

Posts: 152 | Location: IN | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
If it was a Custom Shop XP-100 in "Mint" condition I would say it was priced fairly. A regular stock XP NIB "Might" command $1,200.00 but most used XP's without a quality scope usually go for $650.00 to $800.00 depending on condition. These are Auction site prices where the seller has to pay a commission. Private sales are generally a bit lower. When I first caught the "XPITIS" disease I very stupidly paid $1,100.00 for a very clean nice specimen. It was nice , I was stupid but I got a $300.00 education when I later sold it to chase a nicer specimen. ohboy

Posts: 643 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bone stock would that be .221?

Posts: 370 | Location: terryville, ct | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It was a brown plastic stocked 35 Remington

Posts: 152 | Location: IN | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of welderdaehon
posted Hide Post
$1,200.00 is the highest I have seen, and I skipped it as I was laughing. $900.00 for a Savage, and I was chuckeling with the thought of 'Good Luck'.

Posts: 59 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good striker can be found for $500-600. At least that is what I keep seeing and based on that that is how much I would pay. Maybe more if there is some good scope on it. Highly customized are sweet looking but I will ignore "standard" look if everything else is good and the price is a few hundred lower.

XPs I keep seeing from $1000 to $1500.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: skydivinghunter,

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by welderdaehon:
$1,200.00 is the highest I have seen, and I skipped it as I was laughing. $900.00 for a Savage, and I was chuckeling with the thought of 'Good Luck'.

This one is trying to sell one for $1,395 starting price. I thought the same, "Good luck".

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
I just about choked one night and wasted a swallow of Turkey 101 when looking on a site and found a SSK, SSK Krome, Brown made stock, 458 Something for $3500.00. They were even going to throw in some brass and dies.
Most I have bought, stock, 7BR, 35Rem center grips in the 600.00 to 800.00 range. Bought two rear grip or felt like I stole them at a gun shop that had been setting there for a year was New, unfired, 35 Rem Rear Grip and a New .260 Rear grip, with boxes and paper work. Still have the .260 and sold the 35 Rem on here a few years back.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 2910 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Highest priced original XP-100 I've seen was listed for $1800. 'Twas nothing fancy, just an early edition of the XP-100. I believe it was at the Tulsa Gun show that I saw this.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1540 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for this thread, Could I get some input on the value of an un-fired NOS 7mmBR ?
Thanks Mike

Posts: 13 | Location: Boise area Idaho | Registered: April 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
NOS= New Old Stock
Thanks, Mike

Posts: 13 | Location: Boise area Idaho | Registered: April 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's gonna depend on who you ask as far as value goes. NOS unfired would attrack some attention from collectors but I'm not a collector, as I shoot my guns.

I have a 7BR that I acquired that was in really good shape, and I traded into it as I just had to have it. Got way too much money in it from the trade value, but I wanted it (it was my first XP). What these are worth is dependent upon who's buying to some degree.

My 2nd XP was acquired at such a low price I almost (almost) felt guilty, but further conversation with the seller revealed he knew exactly what he had and the what these were capable of, and how some were customizing them into long range rigs. My guilt disappeared after that. It was a 30+ year safe queen bought new and stored away.

I say all the above as for me an all orignial doesn't hold my attention well as I don't like the factory stock and don't care for the skinny factory barrel contour (even though they shoot well). So, for me, I look at them, and then have to decide how much more money it's gonna cost me to fix it like I want it.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1540 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rog,
Thank you so much for the reply. I agree with you, I have five that I shoot and this one has been set aside for way too many years in the safe. I think its time for a new owner. Thank you again for your thoughts, Mike

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Rebarrel it to .35 Whelen, and you will have a real conversation piece.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3306 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why stop there LOL thank you

posted Hide Post
I think if I purchased a unfired NOS I would keep it for posterity. We can't butcher them all. There are plenty of old silhouette guns just sitting around for the projects.

Jon

Posts: 1477 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
MrWhelen I sent you an email but it was returned. If you decide you want to part with that "Safe Queen" my email is in my profile.

Posts: 643 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you, email sent

posted Hide Post
Oh Jon, I'm not so sure about that! I think they're all good donors! Even the old 4 digit ones.

Aaron

Posts: 2601 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post