Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

250 Savage MOA doe Login/Join 

posted
Filled my late season anterless tag yesterday evening,Sitting in a water way by a tree,three legged stool and my bog-pod with home made PSR platform.Doe comes out of tree line directly in front of me,even at 100 yds picks me off.She does the head bob a few times but just stands there flicking her tail,had the pistol pretty much pointed at her.With slow movement got the crosshairs center chest touched her off,she jumps and runs rite at me,turning slightly and crashing 8 ft to my side.100gr. ballistic tip does the job for my 4th deer with that handgun.

Posts: 56 | Location: central ks | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mountain Hunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sir!

Posts: 47 | Location: East Tennessee  | Registered: December 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well done...congrats!

The 100 grain Nosler BT does nicely at .250 speeds. I first started using it in a 14".257 JDJ more than 30 years ago and have never been disappointed in its performance.

Any chance you have photos to post?

Congrats again!

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry no pics,bullet works well on deer ,but not on 40 yd. broadside coyotes.

Posts: 56 | Location: central ks | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3508 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
My SSK .250 Sav. is one fine shooter, also.
Killed 1155 groundhogs out to 501 yds. with 85 gr. BTs, over 100 deer with it with many different bullets. Did a doe this year at 250 yds. with a 100 TSX. Complete penetration. Ran 30 yds.
The only powder I've ever used in this is WW760.

Posts: 1848 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats. Sounds like she made it easy for you and we need that sometimes.

Posts: 915 | Location: Ga. | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The hunt couldn't have been any better unless she'd jumped into the back of your truck! Big Grin

Good job.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary T,

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Excellent work!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12168 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congratulations.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1826 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post