Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Steel Shooting    Steel silhouette Arizona
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steel silhouette Arizona Login/Join 

posted
Any one here want to shoot steel silhouette I hold a shoot at Rio salado gun range the first Sunday of every month it starts approximately 12 noon after the levergun match on the high power range as of right now you can shoot pretty much any gun you want even 22 magnum these are not nra sanctioned events I put this together just for guys or gals a chance to shoot and have fun any one can reach out to me for more info if they like.

Posts: 39 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is that in the Phoenix area?

Posts: 48 | Location: Green River, wy | Registered: October 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
It’s just to the east of Phoenix, very nice facility.

https://www.rsscaz.com/

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 976 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Usery pass area very nice !

Posts: 39 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wish I live in that area. That looks like a cool place to shoot.

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Muzzlestuffer - is your shoot Field Pistol, Big Bore Pistol, or....? Thanks.

Posts: 976 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As of now we can shoot anything theres a mixed bag of shooters and guns hoping to get enough to get separate categories I know some of us want to shoot long range bolt and break open what are you into ?

posted Hide Post
Ok heres the scoop on steel .243 cal and up no magnums or 50 cal up to 200 meters you can shoot magnum pistol calibers though hope this helps

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot IHMSA Field Pistol with T/Cs and Big Bore long range with revolvers and T/Cs. All were open sights. Still have most of my stuff (except for younger eyes).

I did shoot some NRA Hunter Pistol with a scoped BF too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LoneStar,

posted Hide Post
You can shoot open sights or scoped if we get enough guys to shoot we can eventually have separate categories for open versus scoped shooters for now I don't want to deter anyone from shooting. Do you live in the area ?

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Half hour drive. What size targets: half-sized or full-sized?

posted Hide Post
Full

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Too bad they don't have a picture of the range back in 1971. It's changed quite a bit since then.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Haven't we all......

posted Hide Post
Well you going to join us next month ?

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I have prior commitments that weekend. I may drop by the following month to check it out.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok sounds good !

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
February 2nd - I believe I can make it if nothing new comes up. A couple more questions:

Are there any matts for shooting creedmore?

How many sets of targets per bank?

Thanks, I look forward to shooting steel again.

posted Hide Post
No mats so far all shooting has been off hand if your shooting long range break open or bolt I'm not sure the range is really conducive for that style of shooting as the targets get progressively higher ?

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Is the February 2nd match still a go? I’m not a football fan, but lots of folks are and the SuperBowl starts at 4:30....

posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I didn't respond as I had my best friend pass on we are on for next month though.

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
That’s okay, I am very sorry to hear about your friend....

posted Hide Post
Thanks I hope to see you out there!

posted Hide Post
I don't see any listing on the Rio Salado calendar for pistol silhouette. Are you still shooting matches on the first Sunday of the month?

Posts: 1 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: November 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35isit
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of guys in the Phoenix area that could help you start shooting IHMSA matches. If there is any interest my email is in my profile and I can put you in touch with IHMSA and those that could help.

Greg
Life Member NRA
7/27/2010 80x80

Posts: 1164 | Location: CENTRAL KY | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry for not responding sooner but we are not shooting this match any longer to my disappointment between low turn out and issues in dealing with the range I no longer have these and I'm not sure if there are any plans to continue thanks for the interest though.