Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pest Control Login/Join 

posted
Maybe this should be under the Handgun Hunting sub-forum, but am I the only one who uses a pellet pistol for pest control? I shoot at least 2-3 rats with my Crossman 1377 (.177) each night around my shed, and it has me thinking I may have to try squirrel hunting with it. Any one else with screws loose like mine? Any advice or tips that you'd like to share?

Posts: 225 | Location: TX | Registered: July 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of billybaroo
posted Hide Post
I have used a Crosman for squirrel and rabbit. Can't remember the model but it was a pump in .177. I always used the peep sight. Never tried a scope on it. Now I would have to use a scope. I think it would be better to use a .22 cal pellet pistol than a .177 on squirrels. It would be more humane.

Posts: 307 | Location: Pa. | Registered: January 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I keep thinking I should get the .22 version. Thanks for the excuse!

Posts: 225 | Location: TX | Registered: July 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Pennsylvania no longer allows air guns for hunting, they put an end to that years ago! Slap_Forehead

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19927 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I agree that a pistol needs to be 22 Caliber. My crosman Mark 1's are potent enough to kill squirrels and rabbits.

I have one Mark1 converted to an awesome pistol. I have a low power scope on it. It has a 15" German made barrel on it, muzzle break with built in noise tamer. This is the most accurate gun that I can almost always shoot one hole groups. I have not killed squirrels with it yet, I am postive it is up to the job, tho.

Made by Tim in California. This gun ain't cheap, but worth every penny. The trigger is super sweet, and it is truly awesome. Mac 1 is the web page. Most of the time, none available due to the short supply of Mark 1 or Mark 2 guns. He will use the Mark 2 (177) and make a 22 super gun from it. You can find him on Google or Yahoo or go to any air gun forum.

Best,

casper_zip

Posts: 345 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Lonegun:

You not alone. I use my air guns about every day. Now, you got me thinking about rats/pests at nite. Uusually when I'm bedded down, not excited about getting up unless really necessary.

Now, when I was young, my brother and I shot them ole sparrows and yard rats at nite. We used a headlight and a Benjamin pump up air rifle. It was deadly accurate and killing power. The sparrows fattened up on momma's feed she kept out for the chickens.

Go get em Longgun, you are doing great.

best,
casper_zip

Posts: 345 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I use my 10-meter air rifle for pests around the sheds out back. Last year, Team Chipmunk had 8 players that went on the permanently disabled list. happy

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a Benjamin Trail NP 22 and use it for skunks and armadillos in the yard.
Shooting the Crossman 22 cal hp pellet I have dropped skunks on the spot at 40 yards.

Posts: 3554 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post