Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moded Crosman 2240 Login/Join 

Picture of planfixr
posted
Thought I would post a pic of my moded Crosman 2240. Worked on over the winter. Added steel breach, Replaced the barrel with a Mac 1 10" barrel. Drilled the steel breach and tapped holes for 4 set screws to free float the barrel ( no barrel band), polished all internals with 1000 grit paper. Replaced trigger, Hand made brass safety, moded the bolt with a ball and spring so it will not flop around, Added target grips. What started life as a $54 gun is up around $150 now. Shoots great. I have another in the works with all the power mods. will post pics when it is done.

Posts: 757 | Location: Haymarket Virginia | Registered: August 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of billybaroo
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Kinda regret selling mine now.

Posts: 307 | Location: Pa. | Registered: January 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking rig. Congrats on the improvements it came out great.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great looking gun. These guns may be bought for a great price, but man, do they perform. I have several, had the custom shop build them my way and then added some beautiful stocks from JM. He is no longer in business I hear.

These guns are accurate and hard hitting. Hard to put one down when you start shooting it.

Best,

casper_zip

Posts: 345 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feed back. Yea Casper JM is not making grips, its a shame he had some very nice grips. Hard to find nice laminated grips.

Posts: 757 | Location: Haymarket Virginia | Registered: August 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
I had Crosman Custom Shop build one for me.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Good looking gun, I already had mine and saw a post on moding the 2240. started web searches couldn't believe all the mods for the 2240. did you get the Walther barrel? How does she shoot?

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Yes I got the Walther barrel. Might take the irons off and mount up a Burris scope to wring out it's accuracy. Still playing to see which pellets performs the best.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is this something you would be willing to do with someone else's 2240? I know nothing about air pistols, but i like the looks and sounds of the one you put together. Let me know, ill send you mine. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Hello Roger, shoot me an E-mail to let me know what you would like to have done.
there are a lot of mods that can be done to the 2240. I Do not make any custom parts, just mod stock parts and purchase the others I need.

Steve

posted Hide Post
Guys I had a 2240 built by Mountain Air guns. http://www.mountainaircustomairguns.com/our_guns.htm. Shoots great and he opened up the valve to give me max velocity about 540 fps. I did my own trigger job and have a nice 1lb 10oz pull. With a scope she will part the hair on a field mouse at 10 meters.

Posts: 51 | Location: South West Idaho | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Hey lets see a pic. I have seen some of their work, very nice. How many shots are you getting with the moded valve?

posted Hide Post
These things look to be addictive all right.

Posts: 140 | Location: Where the desert meets the mountains | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Like potato chips you can't have just one Big Grin