Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Air Pistols (and Rifles)    Gamo ''Big Cat'' 1400 .177 rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamo ''Big Cat'' 1400 .177 rifle Login/Join 

posted
May I ask opinions of this rifle. It retails in the area of 200$. A 4x32 scope is included. Is it a solid buy or should I consider a better choice at this price point ?

Posts: 432 | Location: Stone Mtn Ga | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
I got mine for a little over $100. I have a steel target at just over 50 yards and I am keeping inch to inch and half groups with Diablo pellets. Scope that came with it is in my safe. I put a BSA scope on it. I also have 4 rings in the dovetail to keep the scope on. Base that came with it backed off every 35-40 rounds. In less than 100 shots, scope backed off enough to fall off.

Have not shot the bronze pellets. Scope is sighted in to hit turtles in the head at 50 yards. When they stick their head up, it is about the size of a dime. Every 3-4 shots I get one. Good trigger time.

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. Was your new or used for 100$ ?

Posts: 432 | Location: Stone Mtn Ga | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post