Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st air rifle Login/Join 

posted
I am going to buy an air rifle for shooting pests up to the size of raccoons. There are so many options and since this is my 1st air rifle, I was hoping to get some suggestions from some of the members as to make, model and options in order to avoid wasting money. Right now everything is on the table for consideration. Thanks, Steve

Posts: 146 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve,
I shoot a Benjamin Nitro Piston in 22 cal. While not a real expensive gun. It shoots 1000fps and knocks the day lights out of critters. I have not shot a coon with it. But have shot 6 skunks and 3 possums. Not to mention at least 100 ground squirrels. At 50 ft it will shoot nickel size groups.
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Derek, thanks for the information. I will pick one up. Regards, Steve

Posts: 146 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Steve

You might want to check out the Airforce brands,
several sizes and in all calibers up to 45 cal, the heavy thumper, LOL.

Tia,
Don

--------------------------------
"Any person that fears me owning a firearm, then I have reason to fear that person"
--------------------------------
NRA Life Member
Sturm/Ruger Armours School-State of Nevada POST-Remington/ S&W Armour Schools-NRA Certified Range Master-State of Nevada POST Range Master-Jaycor Certified Pepperball Instructor-OC Pepper Spray Instructor-Tazer Instructor-NRA Law Enforcement Armours School-Lassen College LE Armours School-NRA Police Firearms Instructor Development School
Nam "Oct 67-Dec 68"
173rd ABN 2/503rd "Recon"
Retired 10/01/2009, 36+yrs

Posts: 1239 | Location: Western NV | Registered: August 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Don, I did look at them very hard. I like the Talon but decided to go with the RWS34. So far it is doing everything I was looking for in an air rifle. It has plenty of power and is extremely accurate.

Regards, Steve