Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Air Pistols (and Rifles)    Rugged Scopes for Springer Air Guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugged Scopes for Springer Air Guns Login/Join 

posted
What is your opinion of a good and reliable scope for a powerful Springer ?

I am looking for something less than $200 for now. The most expensive scope for any rifle I've ever bought is my Burris 3 x 9 Air Rifle scope. It is still going strong, but right now, can't afford one like that.

Let me know a good one about $89 up to $200. I have some pretty potent air rifles, and a cheaper scope even if they say air rifle rated, the will be disembowled fairly quick. Ask me how I know.

Appreciate any and all input/info. Just sent back a Bug Buster compact. Really liked it, but unable to zero it in windage wise. I have the correct mounts for the droop barrels.

Thanks, all the best,

casper_zip

Posts: 345 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check out Hawke Optics. http://www.hawkeoptics.com/

Posts: 719 | Location: Saint Clair County, MI | Registered: December 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hawk Optics is one of the highest rated and also have scopes in the price range your looking for. When I was still in the optics business my customers loved the RWS line of scopes, even on the RWS 350 I have never seen one fail.

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not so pricey but adequate scopes for a springer. The center point scopes are made for Cross man and guaranteed to take the recoil of all air rifles . If your springer can break them Crossman will replace the scope.
I have a 4X16X40 on my Benjamin trail NP 22 and it holds zero just fine.

Posts: 3552 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rickt301
posted Hide Post
Konus makes some tough scopes rated for springers.

Posts: 131 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
I use Leapers, UTG scopes on my springers. Although I almost never use the springers anymore, since I switched to pcp guns a while ago. I have a RWS Dianna 52 and a Gamo swarm magnum if anyone is interested.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 800 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wauzoo
posted Hide Post
I have a Simmons Pro Air 4-16x40 on my Weihrauch HW97 .20 caliber springer air rifle. I'd guess I have around 1,000 pellets through the rifle and the scope has never given me any problems. I have an Element Optics Helix 6-24x50 SFP on my Maverick Sniper. These are awesome scopes and will hold up on any springer, but they start at $399.99.

------------------------------
Know guns, Know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member

Posts: 210 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post