Specialty Pistols
Rugged Scopes for Springer Air Guns

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3051046002/m/3520098676

March 17, 2015, 10:17 AM
casper_zip
Rugged Scopes for Springer Air Guns
What is your opinion of a good and reliable scope for a powerful Springer ?

I am looking for something less than $200 for now. The most expensive scope for any rifle I've ever bought is my Burris 3 x 9 Air Rifle scope. It is still going strong, but right now, can't afford one like that.

Let me know a good one about $89 up to $200. I have some pretty potent air rifles, and a cheaper scope even if they say air rifle rated, the will be disembowled fairly quick. Ask me how I know.

Appreciate any and all input/info. Just sent back a Bug Buster compact. Really liked it, but unable to zero it in windage wise. I have the correct mounts for the droop barrels.

Thanks, all the best,

casper_zip
March 17, 2015, 11:09 AM
Buckeye509
Check out Hawke Optics. http://www.hawkeoptics.com/
March 17, 2015, 09:53 PM
MK 19
Hawk Optics is one of the highest rated and also have scopes in the price range your looking for. When I was still in the optics business my customers loved the RWS line of scopes, even on the RWS 350 I have never seen one fail.
July 14, 2017, 12:16 AM
Jim S.
Not so pricey but adequate scopes for a springer. The center point scopes are made for Cross man and guaranteed to take the recoil of all air rifles . If your springer can break them Crossman will replace the scope.
I have a 4X16X40 on my Benjamin trail NP 22 and it holds zero just fine.
September 21, 2021, 11:41 AM
rickt301
Konus makes some tough scopes rated for springers.
October 31, 2021, 09:21 AM
semperfi
I use Leapers, UTG scopes on my springers. Although I almost never use the springers anymore, since I switched to pcp guns a while ago. I have a RWS Dianna 52 and a Gamo swarm magnum if anyone is interested.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member
December 07, 2021, 04:10 PM
Wauzoo
I have a Simmons Pro Air 4-16x40 on my Weihrauch HW97 .20 caliber springer air rifle. I'd guess I have around 1,000 pellets through the rifle and the scope has never given me any problems. I have an Element Optics Helix 6-24x50 SFP on my Maverick Sniper. These are awesome scopes and will hold up on any springer, but they start at $399.99.

------------------------------
Know guns, Know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member