Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IZH 46M Repairs Login/Join 

posted
Any suggestions for a competent person to rebuild a 46M?

Steve W.

------------------------------
The very purpose of our life is happiness, which is sustained by hope. We have no guarantee about the future, but we exist in the hope of something better. Hope means keeping going, thinking, ‘I can do this.’ It brings inner strength, self-confidence, the ability to do what you do honestly, truthfully and transparently. The Dalai Lama

Posts: 699 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Steve, is it just seals?
Jeff

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3030 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I use to coach a ROTC team and had several of these. I was able to repair all the seals myself and fix some other things that went wrong by wither looking at another one or looking on internet. Pilkguns in TN repairs these as well as all Olympics style air guns and I have sent and bought several guns form them over the years. Very good place.

Posts: 185 | Location: South | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
Steve, is it just seals?
Jeff

Not sure what the problem is. Sometimes the pellet shoots & sometimes it doesn't.

Steve W.

------------------------------
The very purpose of our life is happiness, which is sustained by hope. We have no guarantee about the future, but we exist in the hope of something better. Hope means keeping going, thinking, ‘I can do this.’ It brings inner strength, self-confidence, the ability to do what you do honestly, truthfully and transparently. The Dalai Lama

Posts: 699 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Do you put a pellet in every time? Big Grin

Posts: 2065 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A missing or bad seal would cause a problem consistently. I remember these guns would do this every now and then. They are an ok gun but the tolerances are very generous in a lot of areas. Especially compared to a high end match air pistol. I remember the students not cocking fully the breech would cause this at times.

Posts: 185 | Location: South | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have one that sometimes suffers the same problem. When loading, the breech does not close properly. After inserting the pellet, I have to push the breech lever down a bit farther until I hear a second "click" and then it fires ok.

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post