Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help Login/Join 

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted
Guys I don`t know didly about an air pistol..Whats a good one to get..Was looking at the crosman silhouette pistol..Is it any good??It better be for the price..thanks..

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Need to know what intended use is.
4 power plant choices, spring, CO2, compressed air 3000psi ( some call them Scuba guns) or single stroke pneumatic.

Spring and SSP - after unit purchase all that is needed is ammo, co2 requires the small powelets or bulk fill depending on unit. 3000psi special pump either hand or powered. hand pumps being about $250 range.

.177 velocities range from apx.350fp to maybe 650 fps for and 8 gr pellet.
too much typing to get much further indepth. call me 414-354-0707 Chris. I have five State NRA championships to my credit with air pistols and have experience with each power plant.

Posts: 405 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Note if lookig at the crossman 1701 you will need the hand pump

Posts: 405 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Diana Bandit might be abetter choice than the Crossman 1701

posted Hide Post
Crow an 1701p is a great choice. You do need a source of compressed air eithe tank or pump but they shotgun very well. I shoot IHMSA air and before the 1701p came out perfect scores in production were very rare (at least at our club) Now several shooters are using them for both production and unlimited. If you want to win either one now you better better shoot a perfect score and be able to hit all the shoot off targets.

John Anderson
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Member

Posts: 51 | Location: Cordell, Okla | Registered: June 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
IZH 46 or 46M. Single pump, extreme accuracy. about $400 slightly used, because, well, because they are that good. I have 6 of them. One for Bullseye, one for IHMSA Unlimited Standing, one for IHMSA Unlimited open sights, one for IHMSA Unlimited Any Sights, one for the 4H kids, and one that a fellow shooter wants to buy. Nobody offers a trophy for the best shooting with a cheap gun.

Posts: 752 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post