Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cayle Davis. Login/Join 

posted
You are missed already my friend. Rest easy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Downtown,

Posts: 4178 | Location: Michigan..... Michigan Pistol Hunters on Facebook  | Registered: December 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just read this on Facebook also, Wow, cancer sucks !! RIP bud, have a few barrels and a couple aluminum rests that he built for me and my boys, machining is a absolutely work of art ! till we meet again

Posts: 403 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow , so sad to hear the bad news. I have one of the very last if not the last rest he built , a true masterpiece of precision craftmanship! After I received it I called him several times as I had a few of my usual "Stupid" questions. He was very polite and was very generous with his vast shooting knowledge. A true gentleman who will truly be missed.

Posts: 708 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had the good fortune to meet Cayle when he came over to what I think was the last of the "Boomerang Gang" shoots. I also had the opportunity to shoot a couple of his Contender barrels. Cayle was a master machinist and fabricator, he was quite a guy and I will miss him. Rest in peace my friend.

Posts: 1909 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone have a link?
I have not talked to him for a year or so.
He was in KC and dropped my rest off. We had a good visit and talk went to fishing. Never got to wet a line with him but we swapped “lies” for several years.
Went to TUSCO one year. He and his wife came up and met Viv and I for breakfast. Darn sure was not enough time that day.
He was in KC again and we met up, his buddy Don was with him.

Have a problem with an XP bolt and was going to give him a holler.

Rest easy my friend.

Posts: 2879 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed Fuzz here. Hate to hear it. Sad

Posts: 9272 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I didn’t know Cayle except from his posts and the photos of his excellent rests. I always thought I would get him to build me one some day.
Prayers for his family.

Bruce

Posts: 983 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sad news, prayers for his family. I meet Cayle (Fuzz) at the Rich Bartman hunt several years ago. He was a good man and one heck of a machinist. He will be missed.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Like the rest of you I have fond memories of Cayle. I am one of the lucky ones to have his amazing rest and another item that he made. It's a metal replacement rib for the original XP-100 in 221 Fireball. The workman ship is impeccable and high gloss bluing is just amazing. I asked him why he didn't make these for sale (it came off his personal gun) as I was sure anyone with the plastic rib would want one. He just said it was too much dang work. RIP brother.

Posts: 3231 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very sad news had talked to him countless times . Purchased one of his rest and an XP from him. He will be sorely missed . My best to his family lots of prayers . RIP my friend .

Posts: 72 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think Cayle has been with me yesterday and this am. We spoke of fishing as much as we did shooting as I mentioned above. I was upset to say the least when I saw his passing. Fishing is a good way to gather ones thoughts and do some thinking.
I gathered my gear and went last night. This is no “fish story”, I caught a keeper channel cat(my imposed minimum length is 14”) every 8 minutes average, came home with 14 total. Biggest weighed 11 pounds, that isn’t counting a dozen or more I threw back. The only reason I quit was I actually ran out of bait, never had that EVER happen before in the 50 years I have fished.

What does one do? Why ya get more bait and go again! I was at it again this AM. Caught 12 more all were 5 pounds or better!

I am positive he baited this hole. I feel as if we did finally wet a line together.

RIP buddy and keep your rod tip up.

Posts: 2879 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post