Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dean Grua Login/Join 

posted
It was reported on the IHMSA forum that Dean has passed away. I have no confirmation or details at this time.

Posts: 1157 | Location: CENTRAL KY | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh my - sad news !!

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

posted Hide Post
That's sad news indeed.

Posts: 6984 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Prayers to his wife and family.

I really enjoyed going to his shoots.

Posts: 10643 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

Praying for the family.

Posts: 135 | Location: SW Ala | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sad news.
I had not seen him post here in a long time.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Prayers for the family.

Posts: 2671 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Didnt sink in at first. I couldn’t remember his last name. I liked dean!
Ihmsa 80x80 right?

Posts: 9359 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:
Didnt sink in at first. I couldn’t remember his last name. I liked dean!
Ihmsa 80x80 right?

Correct

Posts: 12103 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
He was on rimfirecentral forums. I went and looked. His wife posted that he passed away yesterday. It appears he had some sort of cancer.
I went to his range twice i think. He was a good guy and we had a lot of fun.

Posts: 9359 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:
He was on rimfirecentral forums. I went and looked. His wife posted that he passed away yesterday. It appears he had some sort of cancer.
I went to his range twice i think. He was a good guy and we had a lot of fun.
Very sad. I pray his wife is able to do well without him. She had some serious health issues and his passing might be extremely hard on her. Sad

Posts: 19647 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Truly sad news for those who knew him.

Posts: 973 | Location: SOWELA (SW Louisiana) | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sad news for sure. One thing we shared in common was opposite ends of PacNor rifle barrel blanks sent to OTT. Fun to comment on on their performance after being built.

Dean always had the best pictures, lots of Dan Wessons and so on. I missed him even before this news.

Posts: 751 | Location: Central NH | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dean and I shared a 17 caliber blank to make the 17M2's

Posts: 10643 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey folks, Marilyn sent me the following information:

This is the link to Dean’s Obituary that’s listed on (at) the funeral home.  It was put up today: https://www.linnemannfuneralho...ry/dean-thomas-grua/

The Memorial Service will be next Thursday.  The link for this is also up, but won’t air until December 17, 2020 at 5:50 pm, when you can click it then and watch it as it is happening that night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0Zankrnp0

Regards, Ron

Posts: 973 | Location: SOWELA (SW Louisiana) | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So Sorry to hear this! We had a lot of fun at his shoots! He was always fun to talk too! Godspeed Dean! Prayers to his family!

Posts: 3562 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So sad to hear this. Dean was a great silo shooter, I shot with him a lot in Indy, Bloomington, and Georgetown. Always a quick wit, fun to shoot with. Prayers to his family.

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

posted Hide Post
I just got the notice from Mark Taylor, very sad indeed, enjoyed spending hours in the old chat rooms talking with him. God speed Dean

Glenn

Posts: 3505 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Prayers for the family
God Bless
Doug

Posts: 1765 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I never met Dean but always enjoyed his quick wit and his knowledge of Dan Wesson’s. He’ll be missed.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've been asked by Marilyn, Dean's wife, to query members that may have been around Dean for pictures of him. So, if you have any photographs you'd be willing to send me, I'd appreciate it.

posted Hide Post
Man,
this news sucks.
I used to stay up at night with the group on the chat page or early weekend mornings, and could count on Dean to have something to say.
His banter was good natured and well needed at a rough time in life.
Dean's unique collection of arms, wide range of knowledge, and rabbit stories will be missed.
Godspeed, Rulz Boy!

Ern

Posts: 894 | Location: Bristol, TN | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post